AASHE 2012: Are You Signed Up for the Curriculum Convocation?
What will 21st Century colleges and universities look like when...
- Sustainability is the curriculum?
- Students leave institutions of higher learning with the knowledge, skills and dispositions to meet challenges wrought by climate change?
- Communities are seamless collaborators with higher education?
- Students enter business, politics, industry and social venues knowing they can solve 21st Century problems?
AASHE Education Manager Cynthia Thomashow, University of New Hampshire Chief Sustainability Officer Tom Kelly and Middlebury College's Maria Alessandra Woolson will explore opportunities for these outcomes in the brand new AASHE Curriculum Convocation on October 14 during AASHE 2012.
Specifically, this interactive and participatory workshop will look at:
- Do pedagogical approaches cultivate the kind of thinking and action necessary for meeting 21st century challenges?
- What shape does learning take when it fully integrates the social, economic and environmental consequences of personal and professional decisions?
- How do we prepare and support students to be agents of change?
Registration for AASHE 2012 ends October 8 and hotel discounts end September 22! For more information or questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Browse by Topic
- AASHE Biz
- Co-Curricular Education
- Community Engagement
- Connecting the Dots
- Dining Services
- Diversity, Access, and Affordability
- Faculty and Staff Development
- Government & Legislation
- Human Resources
- Presidents & Chancellors