- When was AASHE founded?AASHE was established in 2005 to help coordinate and strengthen campus sustainability efforts at regional and national levels, and to serve as the first North American professional association for those interested in advancing campus sustainability.
- Where is the AASHE office located?AASHE is primarily a virtual organization with staff offices throughout the lower 48 United States. Our headquarters is located at 2401 Walnut Street, Suite 102, Philadelphia, PA 19103.
- Who should I contact for press inquiries?Please email email@example.com with any media inquiries.
- Can I change my password?Yes, simply enter your email address and you will be provided with instructions to change your password.
- How do campuses submit information about their sustainability efforts to the AASHE Bulletin?If you would like to submit a story, event, or job posting for consideration, please refer to our submission guidelines.
- How do campuses submit information about their sustainability efforts to AASHE's Campus Sustainability Hub?
- Is someone from AASHE available to speak at our campus?AASHE is not always able to meet the numerous speaking requests that come our way. However, we strive to be available to our member campuses to the extent possible, and can recommend speakers if our staff are unavailable. Send inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When is the next AASHE conference?The next AASHE Conference & Expo will be held virtually! Check out the official Conference website for more details on the event.
- Can I use the AASHE and/or STARS logo?
- How do I create an AASHE online account?Membership includes every individual at your campus, from students to staff and faculty. Anyone at your institution may create a personal account to access member-only resources and benefits (there is no need to share this information).
Once you’ve created an account, you can view member only resources on the website, including resources in the Campus Sustainability Hub.
- How can I be removed from your mailing list?Please click the “Email Preferences” link at the bottom of the email you received from AASHE.
- How do I advertise a job opportunity?The AASHE Bulletin is a free, weekly e-newsletter that delivers the latest in campus sustainability news, resources, opportunities, events, and jobs and internships. Please view the Bulletin guidelines and submit your job posting here. This is a free benefit for all AASHE Members. If you have questions, please email email@example.com.
- I am interested in joining AASHE. Where do I start?That is terrific to hear, welcome aboard! There are four distinct AASHE membership types: institutions in North America, institutions outside North America, nonprofits, government agencies, and K-12 schools, and businesses. If you would like to discuss some of the benefits that are associated with membership, please do not hesitate to contact us at 888-347-9997 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Does AASHE offer individual memberships?AASHE does not offer individual memberships. Organization-wide access allows every individual at a campus, organization,/or business to take advantage of AASHE’s resources and benefits.
- How is the expiration/renewal date for membership determined?Membership begins on the day that an organization’s payment is processed and is valid for 12 months. If an organization pays before the 15th of the month, their expiration date is the end of the previous month of next year. If an organization pays at/after the 15th of the month, their expiration date is the end of that month of next year.
Example: If AASHE receives your payment on 08/09/2020, then your membership is current through 07/31/2021. If AASHE receives payment on 08/16/2020, then membership is current through 8/31/2021.
- How is membership determined for an institution?An institution is considered “independent” if it reports separately to the U.S. Department of Education’s Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) or the equivalent in other countries. Independent institutions must join individually and pay separate membership dues. Institutions must have a current, publicly viewable report in the IPEDS database.
- I just purchased or renewed my membership - why do I still not have access to member-only content?Our website may not immediately recognize you as an active member. If this is still the case after four hours from receiving your confirmation email, please contact us at 888-347-9997 or email@example.com.
- My institution/organization is an active member and I have an account on the website - why do I still not have access to member-only content?Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get you taken care of.
- Is my institution/organization already an AASHE member?Please refer to our online directory to determine if your institution/organization is an active AASHE member.
- How can I find information about AASHE’s business and nonprofit members?The Sustainable Campus Partners Directory allows AASHE’s institutional members and other website visitors to easily learn about and connect with our business and nonprofit members. In addition, be sure to regularly check the Member-to-Member Discounts Page for exclusive offers from our business and nonprofit members for their products and services.
- Are there certain dates for when an organization can become a member?There is not a specific enrollment period for becoming a member, an organization can join AASHE at any time!
- Does AASHE offer any member orientation sessions?Yes, AASHE staff present a member orientation webinar every three months. The webinar highlights the benefits associated with AASHE membership and explains how to best take advantage of those benefits. The live presentation allows for questions and answers from attendees. While new and recently renewed institutions and organizations may find this webinar most helpful, all active AASHE members are welcome to attend. Check out the Calendar of Events to find out when the next one is scheduled!
- Can AASHE help me more powerfully articulate the value of sustainability to leaders at my campus?Yes, please contact AASHE membership staff with information about your institution and what sort of assistance you are seeking. Please also refer to our Beyond the Right Thing to Do: The Value of Sustainability in Higher Education publication to discover how sustainability is smart business for higher education.
- Where can I send my membership payment?Payment Remittance Address:
P.O. Box 824583
Philadelphia, PA 19182-4583
- If I have a question about membership, who do I contact?Contact AASHE’s Membership Team at 888-347-9997 or email@example.com.
You can also reach out by contacting a member of the AASHE Membership Team:
Kimberly Smith, Director of Marketing, Meetings & Membership, (888) 347-9997 ext. 130
Erin Hathaway, Conference & Events Manager, (888) 347-9997 ext. 135
Nikia Johnson, Membership Engagement Manager, (888) 347-9997(888) 347-9997 ext. 108
Andrea Huggins, Programs Marketing Manager, (888) 347-9997 ext. 123
Noah Swistak, Membership Development Manager, (888) 347-9997 ext. 128
Heather Lynch, Membership Operations Coordinator, (888) 347-9997 ext. 133