- When was AASHE founded?AASHE was established in 2005 to help coordinate and strengthen campus sustainability efforts at regional and national levels, and to serve as the first North American professional association for those interested in advancing campus sustainability.
- Where is the AASHE office located?AASHE is primarily a virtual organization with staff offices throughout the lower 48 United States. Our headquarters is located at 2401 Walnut Street, Suite 102, Philadelphia, PA 19103.
- Who should I contact for press inquiries?Please email [email protected] with any media inquiries.
- Can I change my password?Yes, simply login and click on the “edit” tab to change your password.
- How do campuses submit information about their sustainability efforts to the AASHE Bulletin?If you would like to submit a story, event, or job posting for consideration, please refer to our submission guidelines.
- How do campuses submit information about their sustainability efforts to AASHE's Campus Sustainability Hub?
- Is someone from AASHE available to speak at our campus?AASHE is not always able to meet the numerous speaking requests that come our way. However, we strive to be available to our member campuses to the extent possible, and can recommend speakers if our staff are unavailable. Send inquiries to [email protected]
- When is the next AASHE conference?Check out the conference website for more details on the event.
- Can I use the AASHE and/or STARS logo?
- How do I create an AASHE online account?Membership include every individual at your campus, from students to staff and faculty. Anyone at your institution may create a personal account to access member-only resources and benefits (there is no need to share this information). Please distribute these instructions with others on your campus:
- To create an account, go to create member account and complete the user profile using your campus email address.
- After you receive your password by email, go to the login page, enter your email address (username) and new password, and you will have access to all member only restricted resources. You may also request a new password here.
- Email the Membership Department if you have any difficulty with this process.
Once you’ve created an account, you can view member only resources on the website, including resources in the Campus Sustainability Hub.
- How can I be removed from your mailing list?Please click the “opt-out” link at the bottom of the email you received from AASHE.
- How do I advertise a job opportunity?The AASHE Bulletin is a free, weekly e-newsletter that delivers the latest in campus sustainability news, resources, opportunities, events, and jobs and internships. Please view the Bulletin guidelines and submit your job posting here. This is a free benefit for all AASHE Members. If you have questions, please email [email protected].
- I am interested in joining AASHE. Where do I start?
- Does AASHE offer individual memberships?AASHE does not offer individual memberships. Organization-wide access allows every individual at a campus, organization and/or business to take advantage of AASHE’s resources and benefits.
- I just purchased or renewed my membership - why do I still not have access to member-only content?Our website may not immediately recognize you as an active member. If this is still the case after four hours from receiving your confirmation email, please contact us at 888-347-9997 or [email protected].
- My institution/organization is an active member and I have an account on the website - why do I still not have access to member-only content?Our website uses email domains to identify individuals from active member groups. Please create an account using an email address with the designated domain from your institution/organization.
- Is my institution/organization already an AASHE member?Please refer to our online directory to determine if your institution/organization is an active AASHE member.
- How can I find information about AASHE’s business and nonprofit members?The Sustainable Campus Partners Directory allows AASHE’s institutional members and other website visitors to easily learn about and connect with our associate members. Also, be sure to regularly check the Member-to-Member Discounts Page for exclusive offers from our business and nonprofit members for their products and services.
- Does AASHE hold any in-person member meetings?
- Does AASHE offer any member orientation sessions?Yes, AASHE staff present a member orientation webinar every three months. The webinar highlights the benefits associated with AASHE membership and explains how to best take advantage of those benefits. The live presentation allows for questions and answers from attendees. While new and recently renewed institutions and organizations may find this webinar most helpful, all active AASHE members are welcome to attend. Check out the Calendar of Events to find out when the next one is scheduled!
- Where can I send my membership payment?Payment Remittance Address:
P.O. Box 824583
Philadelphia, PA 19182-4583
- If I have a question about membership, who do I contact?Contact AASHE’s Membership Team at 888-347-9997 or [email protected].
You can also reach out by contacting a member of the AASHE Membership Team:
Jessica Chase, Director of Membership & Marketing, (888) 347-9997 ext. 126
Nikia Johnson, Member Services Manager, (888) 347-9997(888) 347-9997 ext. 108
Andrea Huggins, Marketing & Communications Coordinator, (888) 347-9997 ext. 123
Noah Swistak, Member Services Coordinator, (888) 347-9997 ext. 128