#GCSHE Keynote Speakers
- Peter KalmusTuesday Oct. 18, 2:00 p.m. ETClimate Scientist
- Dr. Elizabeth Popp BermanTuesday Oct. 18, 5:00 p.m. ETProfessor of Organizational Studies, University of Michigan
- Kumi NaidooWednesday Oct. 26, 10:00 a.m. ETSpecial Advisor to the Green Economy Coalition
- Dr. April AnsonWednesday Oct. 26, 5:00 p.m. ETAssistant Professor of Public Humanities, San Diego State University
- Jason HickelThursday Nov. 3, 11:00 a.m. ETProfessor, Institute for Environmental Science and Technology at the Autonomous University of Barcelona
- Jessica Yinka ThomasThursday, Nov. 3, 1:00 p.m. ETPresident, B Academics and Director of Business Sustainability Collaborative and Assistant Professor of Practice, North Carolina State University
- Amali TowerThursday Nov. 3, 5:00 p.m. ETFounder and Executive Director, Climate Refugees
- Tyson YunkaportaTuesday Oct. 18, 10:00 a.m. ETSenior Lecturer, Indigenous Knowledges, Deakin University
In 2021, the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) released a major report indicating that immediate, rapid and large-scale reductions in greenhouse gas emissions are necessary to avoid catastrophic climate change. Despite this unequivocal and urgent warning from the world’s leading climate scientists and even as the dire consequences of climate change become ever more apparent, especially for the most vulnerable communities, many institutions and organizations seem mired in gradualism. With a theme of “The Urgency of Now,”* this year’s Global Conference on Sustainability in Higher Education (#GCSHE) is a clarion call for transformative sustainability solutions that match the speed and scale of the challenges we face.
Are you committed to urgent change at your institution and beyond? Join us at GSCHE!