Save-the-Date: AASHE’s Global Conference on Sustainability in Higher Education will be held Oct. 12 – 14, 2021.
Meet Our Keynote Speakers
- Colette Pichon BattleTuesday, Oct. 20, 10:30 a.m. ETExecutive Director, Gulf Coast Center for Law & Policy
- Tia Brown McNairTuesday, Oct. 20, 1:30 p.m. ETVice President of Diversity, Equity and Student Success, Association of American Colleges and Universities
- Davarian L. BaldwinTuesday, Oct. 20, 1:30 p.m. ETPaul E. Raether Distinguished Professor of American Studies, Trinity College
- Megan Red Shirt-Shaw (Oglala Lakota)Tuesday, Oct. 20, 1:30 p.m. ETPh.D Student, University of Minnesota
- Sean SweeneyTuesday, Oct. 20, 7:00 p.m. ETDirector, International Program for Labor, Climate and Environment, City University of New York
- Tasneem EssopWednesday, Oct. 21, 9:00 a.m. ETExecutive Director, Climate Action Network – International (CAN)
- Ibram X. KendiWednesday, Oct. 21, 1:30 p.m. ETAndrew W. Mellon Professor in the Humanities at Boston University
- Mateo NubeWednesday, Oct. 21, 7:00 p.m. ETCo-Director, Movement Generation Justice & Ecology Project
- Robin Wall KimmererThursday, Oct. 22, 9:00 a.m. ETDistinguished Teaching Professor, SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry Director, Center for Native Peoples and the Environment
- Sara Goldrick-RabThursday, Oct. 22, 12:30 p.m. ETProfessor of Sociology & Medicine at Temple University and Founding Director of the Hope Center for College, Community, and Justice Chief Strategy Officer for Emergency Aid at Edquity
- Wanjiku “Wawa” GatheruThursday, Oct. 22, 4:00 p.m. ETEnvironmental justice advocate and Rhodes Scholar at The University of Oxford
- Joshua DedmondThursday, Oct. 22, 4:00 p.m. ETYouth Organizer for the Labor Network for Sustainability
- Suparna KudesiaThursday, Oct. 22, 4:00 p.m. ETChoreographer of Collective Change and Director CoFED
The Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education’s (AASHE’s) virtual Global Conference on Sustainability in Higher Education is the largest stage to exchange effective models, policies, research, collaborations and transformative actions that advance sustainability in higher education and surrounding communities.
The Global Conference on Sustainability in Higher Education will deliver the same inspiring content, engaging networking opportunities, and thought-provoking keynote speakers and presenters we celebrate each year in person – now virtually produced with the opportunity for an even larger global audience of innovative professionals committed to a more sustainable future.
Watch this video to learn more:
Humanity faces a series of intensifying and interrelated social and ecological crises. Solving these crises requires a holistic transformation: a shift from an extractive economy to a regenerative economy. With a theme of “Mobilizing for a Just Transition,” this year’s Global Conference on Sustainability in Higher Education will focus on centering justice within this transformation and ensuring that it leaves no one behind. We seek to encourage higher education sustainability leaders to reflect and act on the Just Transition Principles articulated by the Climate Justice Alliance and to spotlight inspirational examples of institutions championing this work.