AASHE works with a wide variety of partners to help advance our mission to inspire and catalyze higher education to lead the global sustainability transformation. We seek out relationships that align with our mission and then evaluate them to ensure they meet our principles of engagement. Our relationships with partners take many forms, including membership, joint initiatives, sponsorships and more.
- Association/Nonprofit PartnersAASHE partners with other nonprofits and associations to strengthen our own programs and services and increase the collective impact of the campus sustainability community.
- Business PartnersAASHE is proud to work with a wide variety of business partners to achieve our mission. The nature of our relationships can take on many forms, including memberships, donations, sponsorships and more.
- Affiliates ProgramAs the campus sustainability movement has evolved, a wide variety of networks of campus sustainability advocates have emerged. These networks, which are often formed along state, provincial and/or regional lines, share many goals with AASHE. For this reason, we have formalized a collaborative relationship with many these networks through our Affiliates Program.
- Centers for Sustainability Across the CurriculumIn an effort to increase the accessibility and diversity of sustainability-oriented training for faculty, AASHE is partnering with 13 “Centers for Sustainability Across the Curriculum” on a pilot basis to offer workshops and other professional development opportunities on sustainability in the curriculum.
- HEASCThe Higher Education Associations Sustainability Consortium (HEASC) is a network of higher education associations with a commitment to advancing sustainability within their constituencies and the entire system of higher education.
- DANSDANS (the Disciplinary Associations Network for Sustainability) is an informal network of professional associations working on educating the public about sustainability, curricula, standards and tenure requirements to reflect sustainability and a number of cross disciplinary projects on education for sustainability.
- International PartnersWith the aim of advancing international collaboration and learning to accelerate the campus sustainability movement, AASHE continues to work with our international counterparts, Australasian Campuses Towards Sustainability (ACTS) and the United Kingdom’s Environmental Association for Universities and Colleges (EAUC).