To inspire and catalyze higher education to lead the global sustainability transformation.
AASHE will lead higher education to be a foundation for a thriving, equitable and ecologically healthy world.
Transparency, Collaboration, Hope, Stewardship, Innovation, Courage, Accountability, Diversity & Inclusion.
Our Strategic Goals (through 2020)
Goal 1: Empower members to be transformational leaders for sustainability by providing indispensable resources and outstanding professional development
- Develop new and improve existing resources, tools and publications
- Strengthen the annual conference and expo to be the marquee forum for all stakeholders within the higher education sustainability community
- Offer high-value professional development programs
- Expand opportunities for networking and building community
Goal 2: Catalyze sustainability action and innovation through STARS
- Simplify reporting requirements and reduce barriers to participation in STARS
- Strengthen the value of a STARS rating
- Improve the quality of STARS data
- Increase net income for STARS
Goal 3: Accelerate higher education’s contributions to global sustainability through increased outreach, communications and advocacy
- Advocate for policies that advance sustainability in higher education
- Champion the value of sustainability in higher education and increase support for sustainability in academics, engagement, operations and administration
- Identify new, high impact strategies to best advance our mission
Goal 4: Enhance organizational capacity & resilience
- Grow the AASHE member community
- Optimize internal efficiency and improve customer experience
- Strengthen organization leadership and governance
- Create a culture that supports employee well-being and motivation
- Ensure AASHE’s financial health and stability