AASHE offers many services for its members, but none of them are more visible than the AASHE Conference & Expo. The conference helps fulfill AASHE’s mission to inspire and catalyze higher education to lead the global sustainability transformation. Proceeds from the conference are reinvested into our community by supporting AASHE programs and services. AASHE works throughout the year to build a supportive community that enables us to reach towards our vision for higher education to be a foundation for a thriving, equitable and ecologically healthy world.
Co-Creating a Sustainable Economy
Despite increasingly dire calls from the scientific community for urgent action to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, they continue to rise globally.
With a theme of “Co-Creating a Sustainable Economy,” the 2019 AASHE Conference & Expo is tackling the root cause for the continued rise in carbon emissions: our dysfunctional economic system.
We seek to showcase and strengthen higher education’s contributions to the movement for a sustainable economy, which we see as inclusive of the exciting work happening under a variety of other names such as the solidarity economy, wellbeing economy, circular economy, post-growth economy, regenerative economy and restorative economy.
As you prepare your proposal and presentation, please consider the following goals for the 2019 AASHE Conference & Expo. Participants will:
- Attend a high-quality, participatory and interactive event delivered in a professional manner
- Be inspired, motivated, energized and empowered to advance sustainability in higher ed. and beyond
- Develop skills to integrate sustainability into the core culture of their institution, organization or community
- Gain readily applicable lessons, ideas and tools to bring back to their institution, organization or community
- Learn from and network with a diverse audience of faculty, administrators, students, sustainability professionals, non-profit leaders and business partners.
AASHE Conference & Expo convenes a diverse group of campus representatives including faculty, students, sustainability officers, staff and administrators together with business, nonprofit, government, community leaders and members.
- Senior campus administrators
- Procurement Officers
- Sustainability Directors
- Campus planners and other staff
- Facility Managers
- Administrators of system offices
- Campus faculty
- Sustainability officers
- Undergraduate students and graduate students
- Postdoctoral fellows
- Business managers and owners
- Environmental and energy-related government agencies
- Business sustainability directors and managers
- Construction project managers, builders and contractors
- Architects and designers
- Nonprofit professionals
- And more!
AASHE offers an exciting and unique opportunity for businesses, higher education institutions and non-profits to reach decision makers and demonstrate to colleges and universities how their products or services can lead the way to a sustainable future. Past exhibitors have come from the following industry sectors:
- Air & Climate
- Campus Engagement
- Coordination, Planning & Governance
- Dining Services
- Diversity & Affordability
- Health, Wellbeing & Work
- Public Engagement
Spokane Convention Center
334 W Spokane Falls Blvd, Spokane, WA 99201
As a newer sustainability professional AASHE allowed me to experience the depth and breadth of the field and bring back knowledge and skills to succeed at my university. – John Brooker, Medical University of South Carolina