- Registration Policies
Requests for cancellations and/or refunds will be accepted until 11:59 p.m. ET, October 1, 2020, and a 20% administrative fee will be deducted. Please note that this fee will be incurred for all cancellation/refund requests regardless of when they are received. No refunds will be granted after October 1, 2020. Once a registration has been charged to a credit card, AASHE is not able to change the credit card used for payment. Refunds will be credited using the original method of payment less the cancellation fee. Refunds will not be issued for no-shows.
All content from the Global Conference on Sustainability in Higher Education (GCSHE) will be available on the platform through November 22, allowing viewing even after the live dates of October 20 – 22 have passed. Due to this fact, we will not be allowing substitutions on registrations. If you are unable to attend, you will need to cancel your registration by October 1, 2020.
Payment must be received in full before registrants will be granted access to the virtual conference. If paying by check, please ensure your check is delivered by October 15, 2020, to guarantee access to the live portion of the conference on October 20-22, 2020. Please include a copy of the invoice or confirmation email with your check and mail (no overnight courier to this address) to:
P.O. Box 824583
Philadelphia, PA 19182-4583
Domestic ACH Details:
Please email ACH EDI Reports to email@example.com.
Special Offers/Discount Codes
Use of discount codes is only valid at the time of the initial purchase/registration. Refunds will not be authorized for existing registrations where the special offer was received after the initial purchase. Discount codes cannot be applied to already reduced/discounted registrations including Presenter or other discounts.
Confirmations are auto-generated and sent to the email address provided during the registration process. If you did not receive your confirmation, please contact:
Phone: 888-347-9997 ext. 3 (9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. ET, Monday – Friday)
Registration, attendance at, or participation in the Global Conference on Sustainability in Higher Education and other activities constitutes an agreement by the registrant to the use and distribution (both now and in the future) of the registrant or attendee’s image or voice in photographs, videotapes, electronic reproductions, and audiotapes of such events and activities by AASHE and other third parties, including but not limited to the online platform or streaming software utilized. Your registration may include technology that monitors your activities throughout the meeting, such as session attendance, public chats, Q&A during sessions, and booths visited.
Code of Conduct
AASHE is committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment for all participants in the Global Conference on Sustainability in Higher Education, regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, physical appearance, body size, experience, or religion (or lack thereof). We expect everyone associated with our conference (including attendees, AASHE staff, and platform staff) to act responsibly, behave courteously, and respect the rights and dignity of others at all times while in attendance.
The following actions are prohibited at the Global Conference on Sustainability in Higher Education (GCSHE):
- Harassment or intimidation by words, gestures, or body language
- Verbally abusive behavior, including angry or vulgar language, swearing, name-calling, or shouting
- Sexually explicit conversation or behavior
AASHE reserves the right to warn the offender or remove anyone deemed to be in violation of this Code of Conduct with no refund. Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior must comply immediately or face expulsion.
If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a member of AASHE staff immediately. Contact information for the GCSHE team will be shared with all participants prior to and during the Global Conference.
General Conference Policies
Fees for the Global Conference on Sustainability in Higher Education are not tax-deductible as charitable contributions but may be deductible as ordinary business expenses.
AASHE is not responsible for loss, damages or injury to persons or property as a result of attending this event. This also applies to any other related events if and to the extent you may be eligible to attend as part of your registration.
Conference Attendee List Disclosure
AASHE does not sell attendee registration information to third-parties. We do share registration information of those opted in during registration with the current year’s conference sponsors/exhibitors. If you prefer not to receive communications from our conference partners, you may opt-out during the registration process.
Admittance and Soliciting
We want everyone to enjoy the Global Conference on Sustainability in Higher Education. In keeping with this goal, we reserve the right to refuse a new registration or cancel without refund, an existing registration at our sole discretion; or to eject any registrant from the event without any prior notice or refund if while at the event their behavior is deemed disruptive, offensive, dangerous, illegal or if they are found to be distributing unauthorized material.
- How much is registration?We have special rates for upper-income, middle-income and lower-income countries. Please visit the rates & categories page for full pricing details.
- Are group packages available?Yes, group packages are available for Visionary Sponsors and Host Institutions (Host Institutions must be a member of AASHE). For more detail, visit AASHE’s Sponsor/Exhibitors page or the Host Institution page.
- What does registration include?Registration includes access to all sessions, including the ability to access all content on-demand for 30 days after the conference ends. You will also be able to participate in networking sessions, visit the virtual exhibit hall, set up meetings with other attendees and chat with your peers during the sessions.
- Can registrants who are unable to attend send a substitute?All content from GCSHE will be available on the platform through Nov. 22, allowing viewing even after the live dates of Oct. 20 – 22 have passed. Due to this fact, we will not be allowing substitutions on registrations. If you are unable to attend, you will need to cancel your reservation.
- What is your refund policy if I am unable to attend?Requests for cancellations and/or refunds will be accepted until 11:59 p.m. ET Oct. 1, 2020, and a 20% administrative fee will be deducted. Please note that this fee will be incurred for all cancellation/refund requests regardless of when they are received. No refunds will be granted after Oct. 1, 2020. Once a registration has been charged to a credit card, AASHE is not able to change the credit card used for payment. Refunds will be credited using the original method of payment less the cancellation fee. Refunds will not be issued for no-shows.
- Can you register for the virtual conference on the day of the event?While we recommend registering at least a few days before the conference starts to ensure you have time to log in, set up your profile, and create a customized agenda, registrations will be accepted throughout the entire event. You can even register after the live event is over if you want to watch the content on-demand (registration will be open until Nov. 20, 2020). All content will be available for on-demand viewing through 11:59 p.m. ET on Nov. 22, 2020.
- What forms of payment are accepted?A credit card is the payment method for individual registrations. For sponsors, please contact us if you would like to pay by check. For groups, please select the “Check” option under Payment Options during registration to arrange payment by check or wire transfer.
- Why is there no member vs. non-member pricing offer for this event?In light of the challenging year and the struggles we know our world is facing across all elements of sustainability, we wanted to make attending our event as simple as possible. By bringing together more people, by expanding our community, we believe we can have a great impact and reach.
- Why is the virtual conference not free?While we wish we could offer this virtual event for free, the fees from our annual conference support the larger operating budget of the AASHE organization, as well as expenses related to putting on the event, such as employing our staff, purchasing the necessary virtual technology and paying our keynote speakers. In order for us to keep curating this wonderful event, we need the support of attendees like you.
- Can presenters use the additional discount codes?Discount codes cannot be applied to already reduced/discounted registrations, including Presenter or other discounts. Presenter discounts are already at the maximum discount offered.
- In This Section