AASHE is pleased to offer scholarships for those in need of financial assistance to attend the Global Conference on Sustainability in Higher Education (GCSHE).
We realize these are challenging times within higher education and we hope this scholarship program will enable greater participation in the conference.
*The deadline for Scholarship Applications was August 31 and applications are no longer being accepted.
What the Scholarship Covers
Scholarship recipients will receive up to the cost of a full conference registration (valued at up to US$125 for students and US$300 for regular attendees). Recipients will be notified ahead of the conference.
Who’s Eligible to Apply?
Any individual is welcome to apply. In an effort to increase the diversity of attendees and perspectives, priority will be given to attendees, presenters and students of color. We especially welcome applications from individuals associated with minority-serving institutions. Please use a separate application for each person applying.
Who is NOT Eligible?
The same person may not be awarded a scholarship two years in a row. In addition, attendees, presenters and students affiliated with Host Institutions are not eligible for scholarships, as their registration fees are already covered under the Host Institution sponsorship. Please contact Heather Lynch with questions related to Host Institutions.
Scholarship applications will be evaluated based on:
- Financial need
- Commitment to higher education sustainability
- Race or ethnicity
- Application readability, grammar and punctuation
- The scholarship must be used for the Global Conference on Sustainability in Higher Education (GCSHE) taking place Oct. 20 – 22, 2020.
- The online application form must be completed by Aug. 31 to be considered for a scholarship.
- Please do not register for the conference until you have been notified regarding the status of your scholarship application. You will still receive the lowest discounted attendee rate even if you are not awarded a scholarship.
- 2019 Scholarship recipients are not eligible to apply for this year. Likewise, if you receive a scholarship in 2020, you will not be able to apply for one in 2021.
Scholarship applications for the Global Conference on Sustainability in Higher Education close on Aug. 31. Recipients will be notified by Sept. 30.