AASHE is pleased to offer attendance scholarships for those in need of financial assistance to attend the AASHE Conference and Expo. We realize these are challenging times within higher education and we hope this scholarship program will enable greater participation in the conference. Scholarship applications for the 2019 AASHE Conference & Expo are now open and will be accepted through June 28, 2019.
What the Scholarship Covers
Scholarship recipients will receive up to the cost of a full conference registration (valued at US$250 for students and US$575 for regular attendees, the price of onsite registration). Please note that the scholarship does not cover travel, hotel, and incidental expenses. Recipients will be notified ahead of the conference.
Who’s Eligible to Apply?
Any individual from an AASHE member institution in good standing is eligible to apply for the scholarship. We especially welcome applications from individuals associated with minority-serving institutions. Please use a separate application for each person applying. The same person may not be awarded a scholarship two years in a row. To apply for an AASHE scholarship, you must complete the online application.
Who is NOT Eligible?
Individuals are ineligible if they are not a member of an AASHE institution or are already registered to attend the AASHE Conference & Expo.
Scholarship applications will be judged based on:
- Financial need
- Commitment to higher education sustainability
- Application readability, grammar, and punctuation
- Applicants must be from an AASHE member institution in good standing.
- The scholarship must be used for the 2019 AASHE Conference and Expo.
- The online application form must be completed to be considered for a scholarship.
- 2018 Scholarship recipients are not eligible to apply for this year. Likewise, if you receive a scholarship in 2019, you will not be able to apply for one in 2020.
Scholarship applications for the 2019 AASHE Conference & Expo are being accepted through June 28, 2019. Apply today!