How We Collect Information
Your contact information may be collected when you:
- Fill out a contact form on our website (examples include: information request forms, job applications, award nominations)
- Complete a membership application
- Register for an AASHE event
- Create an AASHE account to access certain parts of our website
- Register for AASHE’s STARS program
- Subscribe to one of our online newsletters such as AASHE Bulletin, AASHE Announcements or STARS Update
- Email a member of our staff (your email is not added to any mailing lists, but your contact information may be used by that staff member)
What We Collect
The information we collect may vary depending on the contexts above. It includes, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Institutions or organizations you may be affiliated with
- Mailing address
- Your AASHE account bio
- Credit card information (not stored, see “HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION”)
How We Use Your Information
Your information is used to enhance your user experience as a participant in our programs. For example, it may be used to:
- Allow you to access elements of our websites restricted to registered users or members
- Send you AASHE newsletters to which you are subscribed
- Send you occasional special-interest announcements
- Notify you when your campus or organization becomes a member or renews its membership
- Complete transactions online (credit card information is used to process payments. It will not be stored after the transaction.)
How We Protect Your Information
We will never sell, rent, exchange or give away any of your information without your permission. Your information is reserved for purposes internal to AASHE and kept confidential with two exceptions:
- Information displayed on your personal account profile page tied to your AASHE Account. You have control over what is displayed here and can hide it altogether, if you choose.
- Information collected for a shared list, such as event attendees, but notice will always be given an opt out option provided at the point of collection.
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy and ensure the proper use of information, AASHE has established and implemented appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
AASHE uses a Secure Socket Layer (SSL) Protocol when collecting or transferring sensitive data such as credit card information. Any information you enter is encrypted at your browser, sent over the public Internet in encrypted form, then de-encrypted at our server. Once we receive your credit card information, it is used to process payment and then destroyed.
Removing Your Name from our Mailings
AASHE allows users with AASHE Accounts to manage their newsletter subscriptions within their account settings on the AASHE website. Subscribers who do not have AASHE Accounts can remove themselves from mailings by clicking on the “SafeUnsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email, logging into the Member Portal and updating subscritption preferences or by contacting us directly.
If you determine that information in our database is inaccurate or it has changed, you can modify your personal information by logging into your Member Portal, emailing us at email@example.com or by calling us at (888) 347-9997.
2401 Walnut Street
Philadelphia, PA, 19103
t: (888) 347-9997