AASHE provides vital resources to support your institution in reaching its sustainability goals.
Since 2005, colleges and universities around the world have been aligning with AASHE as we empower higher education to be a foundation for a thriving, equitable, and ecologically healthy world.
AASHE membership is intended for the full spectrum of colleges and universities – from community colleges to research universities, and from institutions just starting their sustainability programs to long-time campus sustainability leaders. Your entire campus community, including all staff, faculty, students, and administrators, is encouraged to take advantage of the resources available.
Networking & Recognition
- AASHE Connect – This invaluable resource is an online, members-only community that enables you to ask for advice, share expertise and connect with peers working on similar initiatives as you are.
- AASHE Conference & Expo – AASHE’s annual conference is the largest stage to share effective models, policies, research, collaborations and transformative actions that advance sustainability in higher education and surrounding communities. Individuals from member institutions receive substantial discounts on registration.
- Member Directory Listing – Be among the list of who’s who in the campus sustainability community.
- AASHE Sustainability Awards – Get recognized for your outstanding achievements and progress toward sustainability. AASHE bestows its prestigious sustainability awards each year on the institutions and individuals that are leading higher education to a sustainable future.
- Member Logo – Place the member logo on your website, brochures, and other materials to emphasize your institution’s commitment to campus sustainability.
- Member Spotlight – This blog feature celebrates AASHE’s members who work tirelessly to advance sustainability at their campuses and in their surrounding communities. If you have a compelling story to tell, please let us know!
- AASHE Bulletin – Stay up-to-date with the only aggregated weekly news source for the higher education sustainability community.
Benchmarking & Research
- Campus Sustainability Hub – Discover thousands of resources in AASHE’s online resource library. The Hub is a one-stop-shop for members to access toolkits and resource collections about all aspects of sustainability in higher education, from academics to operations to governance.
- STARS (Sustainability Tracking, Assessment & Rating System) – Utilize this self-reporting framework to help your institution establish a baseline for sustainability performance and track and promote progress. Members receive a significant discount on an initial Full Access subscription and subsequent renewals. Access the STARS Benchmarking Tool and Data Display to compare performance against peer institutions and download specific information reported through STARS.
- Sustainable Campus Index – This annual publication recognizes top-performing colleges and universities in 17 distinct aspects of sustainability, as measured by STARS. The SCI highlights over 70 innovative and high-impact initiatives from institutions around the world.
- Higher Education Sustainability Staffing Survey – Published every two years, this member-only report examines the nature of sustainability positions at colleges and universities, providing insights into salaries, funding, supervision, job satisfaction, challenges and more. This report aims to increase understanding of the continuously growing career field of sustainability professionals in higher education.
- International Resources – Use resources from AASHE’s international partners, the Australasian Campuses Towards Sustainability (ACTS) in Australia and New Zealand.
- Workshops – AASHE’s workshops are designed for members to gain knowledge, share best practices, and build supportive relationships with other professionals in the field. Members can save on registration for events such as the Sustainability Officers Retreat and the Sustainability Across the Curriculum Leadership Workshop.
- Webinars – Members have access to the entire library of archived webinars to learn about innovative and high impact approaches for advancing sustainability in higher education. Covering everything from academics to campus operations, AASHE webinars enable members to interact and learn from one another without having to travel.
- Leadership – Share your experience and expertise by serving on the Board of Directors, Advisory Council or STARS Steering Committee.
Least Developed Countries (LDC)
Student Enrollment (FTE) Dues All Institutions (4-yr, Graduate, and 2-yr) $155
4-yr. and Graduate Institutions
Student Enrollment (FTE) Dues <250 $230 250-999 $455 1,000-4,999 $915 5,000-9,999 $1,000 10,000-14,999 $1,145 15,000-19,999 $1,370 20,000-29,999 $1,465 >30,000 $1,600
Student Enrollment (FTE) Dues <5,000 $230 >5,000 $455
Non-OECD, Non-LDC Countries
4-yr. and Graduate Institutions
Student Enrollment (FTE) Dues <250 $155 250-999 $310 1,000-4,999 $610 5,000-9,999 $675 10,000-14,999 $760 15,000-19,999 $915 20,000-29,999 $975 >30,000 $1,075
Student Enrollment (FTE) Dues <5,000 $155 >5,000 $310
- Membership Application
Become a member of the organization that is inspiring and catalyzing higher education to lead the sustainability transformation.
Questions About Membership?
Contact: Kimberly Smith, Director of Marketing, Meetings, and Membership, Kimberly.Smith@aashe.org, (888) 347-9997 ext. 130
Heather Lynch, Membership Operations Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org, (888) 347-9997 ext. 133
Contact: Nikia Johnson, Membership Engagement Manager, email@example.com, (888) 347-9997 ext. 108