AASHE provides vital resources to support your institution in reaching its sustainability goals.
Since 2005, institutions have been aligning with AASHE to empower higher education to be a foundation for a thriving, equitable and ecologically healthy world. Our member network is composed of strong, passionate leaders committed to advancing the higher education sustainability movement.
AASHE membership is intended for the full spectrum of colleges and universities – from community colleges to research universities, and from institutions just starting their sustainability programs to long-time campus sustainability leaders. As an institutional member, your entire campus community, including all staff, faculty, and students, is able to take advantage of the resources and benefits available.
Networking & Recognition
- AASHE Connect – This invaluable resource is an online, members-only community that enables you to ask for advice, share expertise and connect with peers working on similar initiatives as you are.
- AASHE Conference & Expo – Connect with approximately 2,000 of your colleagues to share experiences, knowledge, passion and commitment to advancing campus sustainability at the largest higher education sustainability conference in North America. Individuals from member institutions receive a substantial discount on registration.
- Member Directory Listing – Be among the list of who’s who in the campus sustainability community.
- AASHE Sustainability Awards – Get recognized for your outstanding achievements and progress toward sustainability. AASHE bestows its prestigious sustainability awards each year on the institutions and individuals that are leading higher education to a sustainable future.
- Member Logo – Place the member logo on your website, brochures and other materials to emphasize your institution’s commitment to campus sustainability.
- AASHE Bulletin – Stay up-to-date with the only aggregated weekly news source for the higher education sustainability community.
Benchmarking & Research
- STARS (Sustainability Tracking, Assessment and Rating System) – Utilize this self-reporting framework to help your institution establish a baseline for sustainability performance and track and promote progress. Members receive a significant discount on an initial Full Access subscription and subsequent renewals. Access the STARS Benchmarking Tool and Data Display to compare performance against peer institutions and download specific information reported through STARS.
- Campus Sustainability Hub – Access thousands of resources in AASHE’s online resource library. The Hub is a one-stop-shop for members to access toolkits and resource collections about all aspects of sustainability in higher education, from academics to operations to governance.
- Sustainable Campus Index – This annual publication recognizes top-performing colleges and universities in 17 distinct aspects of sustainability, as measured by STARS, and highlights over 70 innovative and high-impact initiatives from institutions around the world.
- Higher Education Sustainability Staffing Survey – Published every two years, this member-only report examines the nature of sustainability positions at colleges and universities in the U.S. and Canada, providing insights into salaries, funding, supervision, job satisfaction, challenges and more. The survey aims to increase understanding of the continuously growing career field of sustainability professionals in higher education.
- International Resources – Use resources from our international partner, the Australasian Campuses Towards Sustainability (ACTS) in Australia and New Zealand.
- Mentorship Program – The Mentorship Program connects sustainability staff and faculty with peers to share knowledge, cooperate on projects and advance the field of higher education sustainability. It provides a semi-structured process to facilitate ongoing collaboration between mentors and mentees.
- Workshops – AASHE’s workshops are designed for members to gain knowledge, share best practices, and build supportive relationships with other professionals in the field. Members can save on registration for events such as the Sustainability Officers Retreat and the Sustainability Across the Curriculum Leadership Workshop.
- Webinars – Members have access to all archived webinars to learn about innovative and high impact approaches for advancing sustainability in higher education. Covering everything from academics to campus operations, AASHE webinars enable members to interact and learn from one another without having to travel.
- Leadership – Share your experience and expertise by serving on the Board of Directors, Advisory Council or STARS Steering Committee.
- Job Leads – Get the lead on-campus sustainability job openings or post an opening in our weekly electronic newsletter Bulletin. Job submissions are free to post, but they must be directly related to campus sustainability.
4-yr. and Graduate Institutions
Student Enrollment FTE
< 250 $305 250- 999 $595 1,000- 4,999 $1,190 5,000- 9,999 $1,315 10,000- 14,999 $1,495 15,000-19,999 $1,805 20,000- 29,999 $1,910 > 30,000 $2,085
Student Enrollment FTE
$305 > 5,000 $595
- Membership Application
Become a member of the organization that is inspiring and catalyzing higher education to lead the sustainability transformation.
Questions About Membership?
Contact: Noah Swistak, Membership Development Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org, (888) 347-9997 ext. 128
Heather Lynch, Membership Operations Coordinator, email@example.com, (888) 347-9997 ext. 133
Contact: Nikia Johnson, Membership Engagement Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org, (888) 347-9997 ext. 108