AASHE membership connects like-minded organizations with higher education institutions that are at the forefront of sustainability.
As an AASHE member, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with colleges and universities on sustainability challenges and increase your connections within this unique community.
This membership category is open to nonprofit organizations, government agencies, K-12 schools, and system offices.
- BenefitsAASHE member benefits extend to all staff at your organization.
Networking & Recognition
- AASHE Connect Online Community – Your direct line to the higher education sustainability network, AASHE Connect is a member-only community where campus and NGO leaders engage in discussions on the issues they face. This invaluable resource provides an opportunity for you to participate in the conversation and serves as a powerful listening tool to learn about campus trends and what resources schools are looking for to support their sustainability programs.
- Membership Directory – A valuable feature of the AASHE Connect community is a searchable online member directory. Looking to connect with a particular member institution? Various filter and search options enable you to find the right individuals at the right institutions.
- Leadership – Share your experience and expertise by serving on the Board of Directors or Advisory Council. Members are encouraged to apply each year in the fall.
- Webinars – AASHE webinars allow sustainability professionals to learn about and share innovative and high impact approaches for advancing sustainability in higher education. Members are provided access to the full library of archived webinars.
- Collaborative Opportunities – AASHE engages in partnerships and collaborations with our member associations, organizations and government agencies. We cross-promote member events and resources related to campus sustainability and offer opportunities to get involved in our programs.
- Member Logo – Place the AASHE member logo on your website, brochures, and other materials to emphasize your organization’s commitment to higher education sustainability.
- Sustainable Campus Partners Directory – Get valuable exposure with a listing in AASHE’s one-of-a-kind partner directory. Personalize your organization’s profile with a description, contact info, logo, and links to your work.
- Partners’ Panel – Nonprofit members receive a listing in the partners’ panel(s) that correspond to their area(s) of focus in the Campus Sustainability Hub, the higher ed sustainability community’s top resource library.
- Membership Roster Listing – Be included in the list of hundreds of other institutional, business, and nonprofit leaders in the campus sustainability community.
Marketing, Sponsorship & Advertising
- Advertising – Receive discounts to advertise in the AASHE Bulletin or AASHE Connect Daily Digest.
News & Resources
- Campus Sustainability Hub – Access thousands of toolkits and resource collections about all aspects of sustainability in higher education, from academics to operations to governance.
- STARS (Sustainability Tracking, Assessment and Rating System) – Utilize the STARS Data Displays and STARS Benchmarking Tool to collect valuable information and demonstrate how your programs align with STARS credits and can improve institutions’ sustainability performance.
- AASHE Bulletin – Stay up to date with the only aggregated weekly news source for the higher education sustainability community.
- International Resources – Use resources from AASHE’s international partners, the Australasian Campuses Towards Sustainability (ACTS) in Australia and New Zealand.
System Offices/Higher Ed Associations/NGOs/K-12/Gov’t.
Budget Dues < $15 million $305 $15 – $250 million $600 > $250 million $895
- Membership Application
Become a member of the organization that is inspiring and catalyzing higher education to lead the sustainability transformation.
Questions About Membership?
Contact: Noah Swistak, Membership Development Manager, email@example.com, (888) 347-9997 ext. 128
Heather Lynch, Membership Operations Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org, (888) 347-9997 ext. 133
Contact: Nikia Johnson, Membership Engagement Manager, email@example.com, (888) 347-9997 ext. 108