- This event has passed.
Organizing a Renewable Energy Buying Consortium to Cut Energy Costs and Curb Carbon Emissions
May 7, 2020 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm EDT
Have you been hearing that colleges and universities are harnessing large-scale renewable energy to control their long-term energy costs and achieve dramatic reductions in their greenhouse gas emissions? Are you considering a similar strategy but struggling to gain traction and not sure how to navigate the maze of options? Learn how Lehigh University, Lafayette College, Muhlenberg College, and Dickinson College banded together to achieve the scale needed to build a solar project big enough to supply 100% of their renewable energy needs.
- Nick DeSalvo, Energy Manager, Lafayette College, Easton, PA
- Kalyna Procyk, Sustainability Coordinator and Adjunct Professor of Political Science and Sustainability Studies, Muhlenberg College, Allentown, Pennsylvania
- Chris O’Brien, Director of Business Development, CustomerFirst Renewables
- Understand the business case for renewable energy
- Understand the benefits of aggregation when contracting for power