HEASC’s membership includes many of the leading professional associations in higher education. These forward-thinking organizations share a commitment to collaborating to advance sustainability within their field and in higher education broadly.
- American Association of Community Colleges (AACC)AACC is the primary advocacy organization for American community colleges. Its Sustainability Education and Economic Development (SEED) Center works to advance sustainability and clean technology education programs at community colleges.
Contact: Amanda Kosty, Project Manager, Workforce & Economic Development, AACC
- American Association of State Colleges & Universities (AASCU)AASCU an association of public colleges, universities and systems whose members share a learning and teaching-centered culture, a historic commitment to underserved student populations and a dedication to research and creativity that advances their region’s economic progress and cultural development. Its Sustainable Development Committee works to raise awareness about sustainability to promote operational practices that enhance the sustainability of the association and its member campuses.
Contact: Jennifer Whitson, Senior Program Associate, Leadership Development and Member Services, AASCU
- APPA - Leadership in Educational FacilitiesAPPA is the professional association for more than 15,000 educational facilities professionals from 1,300 educational institutions throughout North America. It covers sustainability topics regularly in its Facilities Manager magazine and offers an award for sustainability in facilities management.
Contact: Steve Glazner, Director of Knowledge Management, APPA
- Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education (AASHE)AASHE enables members to translate information into action by offering essential resources and professional development to a diverse, engaged community of sustainability leaders.
Contact: Daita Serghi, Education Programs Manager, AASHE
- Association of College and University Housing Officers – International (ACUHO-I)ACUHO-I’s membership includes thousands of campus housing professionals who believe in developing exceptional residential experiences. Its Sustainability Committee maintains a sustainability resource center, offers webinars, and encourages sustainability-themed presentations and events.
Contact: Derek Jackson, Assistant VP Student Life, Director, Housing and Dining Services, Kansas State University
- Campus Safety, Health, and Environmental Management Association (CSHEMA)CSHEMA supports and educates campus-based EHS professionals to empower and to improve the EHS profession in campus environments. Its Environmental and Sustainability Community of Practice encourages the development and implementation of effective environmental and sustainability programs in all college and universities.
Contact: Star Scott, Green Labs Coordinator, University of Georgia.
- College Student Educators International (ACPA)
- Council for Christian Colleges & Universities (CCCU)CCCU is an international association of intentionally Christian colleges and universities working to advance the cause of Christ-centered higher education.
Contact: Morgan Feddes, Communication Specialist & Managing Editor, CCCU
- Hispanic Association of Colleges & Universities (HACU)HACU represents more than 470 colleges and universities committed to Hispanic higher education success in the U.S., Puerto Rico, Latin America and Spain. Its Climate Change and Sustainability program focuses on fostering the involvement of HACU members in climate change and sustainability issues.
Contact: John Moder, Senior Vice President/Chief Operating Officer, HACU
- National Association of College & University Business Officers (NACUBO)NACUBO specifically represents chief business and financial officers through advocacy efforts, community service and professional development activities. The association’s mission is to advance the economic viability, business practices and support for higher education institutions in fulfillment of their missions. The Sustainability Advisory Panel strategically guides to help institutions lead the way towards a more sustainable future.
Contact: Sally Grans-Korsh, Director, Facilities Management and Environmental Policy, NACUBO
- National Association of Educational Procurement (NAEP)NAEP is a professional association dedicated to serving higher education purchasing officers in the U.S. and Canada. NAEP’s Director of Sustainable Leadership advises on content and strategy for NAEP’s green purchasing trainings, articles and case studies related to sustainability and NAEP annual Green Purchasing Survey.
Contact: Melanie Freeman, CEO, NAEP
- National Association of Independent Colleges & Universities (NAICU)Representing over 1,000 members and associations across the country, NAICU serves as the unified national voice of private, nonprofit higher education. Its “Going Green in the Ivy Halls” initiative documents sustainability activities at private colleges and universities.
Contact: Bo Newsome, Director of Outreach and State Relations, NAICU
- NIRSA: Leaders in Collegiate RecreationNIRSA is a professional association advocating for the advancement of recreation, sport and wellness on campus. Its Sustainability in Collegiate Recreation provides resources for collegiate recreation to play a critical and active role in the efforts of ongoing campus sustainability initiatives.
Contact: Linda Clauss, Assistant Manager, Campus Recreation, California State University – East Bay, NIRSA Sustainability Community of Practice Convener, NIRSA