In an effort to increase the accessibility and diversity of sustainability-oriented training for faculty, AASHE partnered in 2017 with 13 Centers for Sustainability Across the Curriculum to offer workshops and other professional development opportunities on sustainability in the curriculum. These Centers were selected through a competitive application process. If you have any questions about the Centers program, please contact Daita Serghi.
The Centers for Sustainability Across the Curriculum workshops are hosted at the following institutions:
- Center for Sustainability at Ramapo College of New Jersey (contact: Ashwani Vasishth, Professor, Director, Center for Sustainability)
- Central College (contact: Brian Campbell, Director of Sustainability Education)
- Colorado College (contact: Ian Johnson, Sustainability Director)
- David E. Shi Center for Sustainability at Furman University (contact: Kelly Grant Purvis, Associate Director of Sustainability Programs)
- Center for Sustainability Education at Dickinson College (contact: Lindsey Lyons, Assistant Director, Center for Sustainability Education)
- Fleming College (contact: Trish O’Connor, Director, Office of Sustainabilty)
- University of Kansas and Johnson County Community College (contact: Kristy Howell, Sustainability Education and Engagement Coordinator)
- Moraine Valley Community College (contact: Michelle Zurawski, Assistant Professor of Biology)
- Southern Illinois University Edwardsville (contact: Connie Frey Spurlock, Associate Professor)
- The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley (contact: Marianella Franklin, Chief Sustainability Officer)
- The Washington Center for Sustainability Education at Seattle University and Western Washington University (contact: Grace Wang, Academic Program Director, Sustainability)
- University of Hawai‘i System (contact: Krista Hiser, System Sustainability Curriculum Coordinator)
- University of South Carolina – Columbia (contact: Austin Sutherland, Coordinator for Reporting and Finance , Office of Sustainability)
The goal of the Centers for Sustainability Across the Curriculum program is to accelerate the infusion of sustainability content into curriculum. Each center is expected to schedule at least one faculty-oriented workshop annually and develops its own pedagogy and content for these workshops.