In an effort to increase the accessibility and diversity of sustainability-oriented training for faculty, AASHE partnered in 2017 with 13 Centers for Sustainability Across the Curriculum to offer workshops and other professional development opportunities on sustainability in the curriculum. These Centers were selected through a competitive application process. If you have any questions about the Centers program, please contact Daita Serghi.
The Centers for Sustainability Across the Curriculum workshops are hosted at the following institutions:
- Center for Sustainability at Ramapo College of New Jersey
- Central College
- Colorado College
- David E. Shi Center for Sustainability at Furman University
- Center for Sustainability Education at Dickinson College
- Fleming College
- University of Kansas and Johnson County Community College
- Moraine Valley Community College
- Southern Illinois University Edwardsville
- The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley
- The Washington Center for Sustainability Education at Seattle University and Western Washington University
- University of Hawai‘i System
- University of South Carolina – Columbia
The goal of the Centers for Sustainability Across the Curriculum program is to accelerate the infusion of sustainability content into curriculum. Each center is expected to schedule at least one faculty-oriented workshop annually and develops its own pedagogy and content for these workshops.