Student Sustainability Leadership Awards
We now have two student leadership categories - associates and four-year and graduate institutions - instead of just one. In addition, the award no longer recognizes the efforts of a single student, but a team. This award honors students from AASHE member institutions who have demonstrated outstanding leadership in promoting campus sustainability.
- Complimentary conference pass to the AASHE 2013 Conference, where the award will be presented.
- Invitation to a VIP reception during the AASHE 2013 Conference.
- Opportunity to present your winning leadership story at the AASHE 2013 Conference.
- Inclusion in a feature piece on the awards in Sustainability: The Journal of Record.
- Category 1: Students from Associate's Colleges (if the majority of your institutions degrees are at the associate's level)
- Category 2: Students from Four-Year or Graduate Institutions
Both categories will use the same application form. Applications must include at least two students to be eligible and may be from an established student organization or simply two or more students working together as an informal team. Any students enrolled at an AASHE member institution who have played a leadership role in implementing campus sustainability are eligible for this award. Students graduating in Spring 2013 are eligible.
Applications are now closed for the 2013 awards program.
To apply for an award, please use the Application Form. In addition to the application essay, teams are encouraged to upload or provide URLs for photo's, video's or media coverage of their activities. (Note: you must have an AASHE personal account and be logged in in order to access the application. If you are not logged in or do not have an account yet, click on the "Log In" or "Create Account" tabs in the upper right corner of this web page.) If you have any questions, email email@example.com.
- Maria Rosales, University of Tennessee, Knoxville (2012)
- Jonathan Glencross, McGill University (2011)
- Terrell Davis, Delaware State University (2010)
- Missy! Orr, DePauw University (2009)
- Sarah E. Brylinsky, Ithaca College (2008)
To view more student sustainability leadership examples, please visit AASHE's Student Sustainability Leadership Stories (member-only resource).