Campus Sustainability Research Award
This award recognizes published and unpublished research that contributes to the advancement of higher education sustainability. One award will be given in the first two categories and four awards given in the published journal article category (Academics, Engagement, Operations, and Planning and Administration):
- Unpublished undergraduate research
- Unpublished graduate research
- Published journal article
Applications for these awards are accepted throughout the year. To be considered for a 2017 award, applications must be received by Friday, May 12 at 5 p.m. ET. Winners are announced in the fall at AASHE’s annual conference. If you have any questions about the process, please email email@example.com.
Award winners receive:
- One complimentary pass to AASHE’s annual conference
- Recognition during the conference’s Opening Ceremony
- Opportunity to present your winning case study at the conference
- Opportunity to present your winning submission via an AASHE webinar
Applications will be evaluated by a panel of judges on the following criteria:
- Applicability – For what proportion of higher education institutions is the research relevant?
- Impact – How significantly can the lessons from the research contribute to improved sustainability performance?
- Methodology – Is the research methodology appropriate to answer the research question?
- Clarity and coherence – How easy is it to understand the research?
To be considered for a Campus Sustainability Research Award, submissions must be in English. Papers must have been completed (in the case of unpublished student research) or published within the 12 months prior to the application deadline. Students who graduated within this period are still eligible for the student awards. Authors do not have to be associated with an AASHE member organization.