AASHE Bulletin: Global Edition
Each month, AASHE issues a combined regular edition of the AASHE Bulletin and Global Edition, under the name "AASHE Bulletin: Global Edition." This monthly edition integrates international stories with the stories from the U.S. and Canada that are scheduled to run that week.
2012 Global Edition Issue Dates:
Deadline for submissions: ongoing
- AASHE Bulletin: Global Edition Archives
- Editorial Calendar
- AASHE Newsletters (all AASHE newsletters)
To submit an item for consideration, email a link to the site where the news story or press release is posted to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line, "global edition."
- Submitted items must be directly related to campus sustainability. We are unable to post general sustainability items.
- Submissions must be in English.
- Press releases and news stories should be recent. We usually require that stories have a publication date that is within two months of the upcoming issue.
- Items may be submitted by AASHE members and non-members alike.
- We generally focus on news items that announce new efforts rather than coverage of ongoing initiatives. For instance, the receipt of third party certification on a new building would fit, but a general article about an institution's green building efforts would not.
- Awards: Only those with a national or international scope will be included.
- Dorm competitions: We only include dorm vs. dorm energy or water competitions once they have been completed.
- We cannot include stories on the participation of an individual campus in national or world-wide sustainability events that include multiple campuses (such as Earth Hour and Campus Sustainability Day). Instead, we generally post one story on the entire event.
For other ideas on the types of items we can include, please visit the AASHE Bulletin: Global Edition Archives.