- This event has passed.
Canceled – Online workshop – Sustainability Across the Curriculum
This event is canceled. It will be rescheduled for February 1 – March 7, 2021. Please email us with questions.
This online course is designed for higher education instructors, wishing to infuse issues of sustainability (ecological stability, social equity, and economic vitality) into their curriculum regardless of the discipline. Sustainability issues cross all disciplines and the intent of this course is to identify those areas of intersection. Effective assessment of critical thinking skills, collaboration, creativity, and the ability to analyze, discuss and create solutions to real world sustainability problems will be explored.
This course will provide:
- a set of tools and resources to utilize across the curriculum
- an introduction to the meaning of sustainability
- comparison of current definitions
- exploration of ecological stability as a pillar of sustainability
- exploration of social justice/equity as a pillar of sustainability
- exploration of economic vitality as a pillar of sustainability
- exploration of the use of service learning to teach sustainability
- exploration of systems thinking
- brainstorming and creation of one well-developed sustainability assignment to use now
Registration is open though Sunday, May 24, 2020.
Moraine Valley is one of the regional AASHE Centers for Sustainability Across the Curriculum. Centers host workshops and other professional development opportunities throughout the year. If you aren’t able to attend this event, please consider attending one of the other upcoming events organized by a Center.
How to register:
- In the beige box on this Registration page to the right click on CLICK HERE to begin
- Click on Search, register, and pay for Non-Credit classes
- At the bottom, where it says Instructor’s Last Name, type in Zurawski
- Put a check mark in Select and hit Submit