- This event has passed.
Strategies for Combating Student Food Insecurity
March 9 - March 10
Student food insecurity is a widespread, systemic issue affecting more and more individuals every year. Due to the detrimental effects of food insecurity on the mental wellbeing, physical health, and academic performance of students, a growing number of institutions are launching food pantry programs and other initiatives to address this emerging problem.
Join us for a comprehensive conference to learn how you can establish and grow a sustainable, long-term food insecurity initiative on your campus. We will discuss critical considerations for how to:
- Collect data to help you craft a compelling business case for your program
- Engage and enlist cross-campus partners
- Build your infrastructure with space and resourcing considerations in mind
- Reach more food insecure students on campus and mitigate stigma around the issue
- Assess your efforts to amplify and promote the cause on campus