- This event has passed.
SPLC’s Climate Foundations for Procurement Program
February 7 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm EST
SPLC is about to launch our once-per-year 2024 Climate Foundations live training program here at the SPLC. This is a unique, practical offering for sustainability and sustainable procurement professionals that may have recently been assigned responsibility for their organization’s supply chain GHG emissions. It provides foundational knowledge on climate and GHG accounting, and then walks them through a hands-on development process to build their organization’s strategic supply chain GHG emissions reduction program.
KICK OFF DATE: February 7, 2024, from 12-1:30pm EST.
WHAT PARTICIPANTS WILL LEARN
- Methods for prioritizing, engaging, supporting, and incentivizing supplier participation in meaningful greenhouse gas reporting and reductions.
- To recognize and address the challenges that all organizations face in reporting on and managing Scope 3 GHG emissions.
- How to ensure your climate plan is aligned to the most critical opportunities.
- How to use a “program approach” to prioritize and strategically focus on critical areas of supply chain greenhouse gas emissions.
- Basic terminology and approaches for supply chain greenhouse gas emissions baselining, strategic prioritization, goal setting, and performance monitoring on any budget.
- Familiarity with climate-related terminologies, frameworks, and concepts and their application to procurement and supply chain
- A strategic climate plan for greenhouse gas reduction focused on what you buy — including key stakeholders, vision, focus areas, and next steps.
- A supplier engagement plan designed to lay the groundwork for delivering key supplier greenhouse gas data, reduction commitments, and continued progress.
- A climate network of multi-stakeholder experts and peers.
- A certificate of completion for completing the program.