- This event has passed.
Workshop: Diving into Scope 3 Emissions: Boundaries, Calculation Methodologies and Mitigation Strategies
September 22, 2022 @ 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm EDT$95
This workshop has passed. You can purchase a copy of the recording and resource materials.
In June 2020, Stanford University’s Board of Trustees passed a resolution calling for the university to eliminate its scope 1, 2 and 3 emissions by the year 2050. To that end, a new Scope 3 emissions program sponsored by the Vice President of Business Affairs was launched in 2021. In this workshop, the Scope 3 emissions program team will share their work to date on identifying and prioritizing applicable emissions categories, collecting data, defining boundaries, customizing calculation methodologies, and proposing mitigation strategies across eight categories of scope 3 emissions, including air travel, construction, purchased goods & services, employee commuting, and more.
In this workshop, participants will:
- Become familiar with the different categories of Scope 3 emissions and identify which of these are typically most significant in a higher education setting
- Consider how to prioritize efforts to address Scope 3 emissions
- Gain familiarity with the array of calculation tools, emissions factors, and methodologies available for measuring scope 3 emissions
- See real-world data and walk through the emissions calculation process
- Discuss the nuances of setting boundaries for scope 3 emissions categories
- Identify opportunities for moving forward with Scope 3 emissions management at your campus.
Moira Zbella, Scope 3 Emissions Program Manager, Office of the Vice President of Business Affairs, Stanford University
Moira serves as the Scope 3 Emissions Program Manager in the Office of the Vice President of Business Affairs at Stanford University. Her work includes evaluation and mitigation of the university’s scope 3 (indirect) emissions from all sources, including employee commuting, business travel, and purchased goods, among others. Moira previously managed sustainability assessment and conservation programs in the Office of Sustainability at Stanford for eight years and served as the Program Manager for a residential energy efficiency program at an environmental non-profit organization for two years. Moira also earned her undergraduate degree at Stanford and later completed her MBA at the University of California, Berkeley.
Annabelle Bardenheier, Scope 3 Emissions Analyst, Office of the Vice President of Business Affairs, Stanford University
Any questions about the workshop?
Please contact Daita Serghi, firstname.lastname@example.org