- This event has passed.
Coalition of Urban and Metropolitan Universities Annual Conference
October 23, 2022 - October 26, 2022
The Essential Role of Urban and Metropolitan Universities
As our institutions and communities continue to navigate a global pandemic, wrestle with a long-overdue racial reckoning, face environmental challenges, and witness the great inequality in how communities are able to respond to these challenges—we recognize that we are still in the midst of crisis. Our conference offers an opportunity to pause and reflect on how we are responding to our current moment while also looking forward as we begin to articulate how we emerge from crisis.
This year’s conference invites us to consider the essential role urban and metropolitan universities play in leading a recovery grounded in community, equity, and innovation.
The 2022 CUMU Annual Conference, The Essential Role of Urban and Metropolitan Universities, invites presenters to reflect broadly on how the urban mission can be fully integrated into operations, structure, partnerships, and academic objectives within the following major themes.
- Cultivating Resilient Campuses in the Midst of Crisis
- Inclusive Growth and Housing
- Industry Engagement and Entrepreneurship
- K-16 Student Success and Support
- Place-Based Hyperlocal Community Engagement
- Racial Equity and Social Mobility
- Regional Collaborations and Partnerships
- Workforce and Talent Development