- This event has passed.
A Collaborative Approach to Advancing Your Diversity and Inclusion Training Initiatives
July 13 - July 14
Diversity and Inclusion professionals often lead the charge to develop comprehensive diversity training initiatives. Since most campuses have transitioned to remote or e-learning environments, now is the time for professionals to convene and share ideas, best practices, and strategies to prioritize these efforts and execute a thoughtful strategy once classes are back in session, whether remote or in-person. Now more than ever, it is essential to collaborate with different departments across campus to determine what training opportunities are most needed. A network of partners from all areas, from athletics to residence life, student life to faculty, and many more must work together to develop and improve strategies to effectively deliver diversity and inclusion training to staff, faculty, and students.
This workshop-style training is designed to help you overcome the most challenging barriers you face in organizing and managing diversity and inclusion training initiatives. We’ll also provide planning time for you to develop your own strategies and action plans for training implementation. Our expert instructors will address:
- Training components for departmental collaboration efforts — how to customize training needs based on campus collaborators’ input
- Diversity training gaps — how to strategically identify and address knowledge gaps
- Engaging faculty and staff — how to extend your sphere of influence across campus to optimize diversity and inclusion training
- Responding to real-time issues — how to recognize and address current threats with appropriate training opportunities
- Measuring the effectiveness of diversity and inclusion training initiatives — how to prioritize assessment and strategically incorporate it into specific training programs
This unique learning opportunity will give you the focused time and space you need to develop your strategies for more intentional diversity and inclusion initiatives within your own institutional context. Our practical, focused, and experienced instructors will offer support and insights throughout this workshop-style training in order to provide you with best practices and actionable takeaways.