- This event has passed.
2018 AASHE Conference & Expo
October 2, 2018 - October 5, 2018
Expected to draw over 2,000 participants, AASHE’s annual conference is the largest stage to share effective models, policies, research, collaborations and transformative actions which advance sustainability in higher education and surrounding communities.
We stand at a key moment in history. As sustainability challenges intensify and the window for action grows smaller every day, the need for leadership by higher education is greater than ever. With a theme of “Global Goals: Rising to the Challenge,” the 2018 AASHE Conference & Expo will examine the critical role of higher education in achieving the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Adopted by the world’s governments in September 2015, the 17 SDGs establish ambitious global targets to end poverty, protect the planet and ensure prosperity for all by 2030.
As you prepare your proposal and presentation, please consider the following goals for the 2018 AASHE Conference & Expo:
- Attend a high-quality, participatory and interactive event delivered in a professional manner
- Be inspired, motivated, energized and empowered to advance sustainability in higher education and beyond.
- Learn how to build or strengthen alliances and coalitions with diverse stakeholders.
- Develop skills to integrate diversity, inclusion and social justice goals into the core culture of their institution, organization or community.
- Gain lessons, ideas and tools to bring back to their institution, organization or community.
- Learn from and network with a diverse audience of faculty, administrators, students, sustainability professionals, non-profit leaders and business partners.
AASHE Conference & Expo convenes a diverse group of campus representatives including faculty, students, sustainability officers, staff and administrators together with business, nonprofit, government, community leaders and members.
- Senior campus administrators
- Campus planners, purchasers and other staff
- Facility, dining and transportation officers
- Administrators of system offices
- Campus faculty
- Sustainability officers
- Undergraduate students, graduate students and postdoctoral fellows
- Business managers and owners
- Environmental and energy-related government agencies
- Business sustainability directors and managers
- Construction project managers, builders, contractors, architects and designers
Questions can be sent to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.