Have you presented a fantastic session at an AASHE conference (or other campus sustainability conference) that you’d like to share with a larger audience? Do you have an idea for a webinar that would be appropriate for the AASHE community? Would you like to share your knowledge in a particular subject area? If so, we invite you to contribute to our Call for Webinar Proposals.
If you have never presented a webinar before… no problem! We will help you add to your professional toolbox by providing guidance on how to prepare your presentation slides, sharing best practices for presenting a webinar and training you on our webinar application. All AASHE webinars are archived and available for later viewing via the Campus Sustainability Hub.
AASHE offers dozens of webinars each year on a range of topics related to sustainability in higher education. Whether you are a veteran presenter for AASHE or new to AASHE, if your work is connected to sustainability in higher education, we want to hear from you!
The information provided below is intended to serve as a guide to our Call for Webinar Proposals that opens each fall. If you have any questions, please review the Frequently Asked Questions or contact Daita Serghi, Education Programs Manager, at email@example.com.
The Call for Webinars is currently closed and will re-open Fall 2019.
We welcome proposals at all levels of sophistication (introductory, intermediate and advanced) and on any topic of interest to the campus sustainability community, including faculty, students, sustainability staff and executives.
Most of our webinars have a running time of 60 minutes and involve one to two speakers. On occasion, we also host webinars that are 80 minutes long and feature 3-5 presenters representing perspectives of different institutions and/or backgrounds, and cover complementary aspects of a given topic. We are accepting proposals for both types of format/duration.
- If you would like to present a 60-minute webinar: Your estimated presentation time is around 40 minutes with the remaining time spent on introductions and Q&A. Please submit a proposal for a topic you can adequately cover in this amount of time.
- If you would like to co-present with two or more other speakers (80-minute webinar): The estimated total presentation time is around 60 minutes with the remaining time spent on introductions and Q&A. Please submit a proposal for a topic that all presenters can adequately and comfortably cover in this amount of time, and indicate all presenters’ names in the proposal, if applicable.
Please note: AASHE is committed to representing diverse viewpoints. One way we honor this commitment is by through pairing webinar presenters from different backgrounds and/or organizational affiliations. As such, we encourage you to identify co-presenters from different backgrounds and/or organizational affiliations. In some cases, we may suggest combining multiple proposals on a similar topic into a single webinar.
If your proposal is selected, each presenter will be expected to:
- Provide a biography and head shot to be used for promotional purposes.
- Develop a compelling presentation (slides, Prezi, etc.) to be used for the visual component of the webinar.
- Participate in at least one rehearsal to familiarize themselves with the technology we’ll be using and coordinate with other presenters.
- Promote the webinar to their networks.
- Provide the technology and infrastructure to advertise the webinar, handle webinar registration, produce the webinar and host the recorded webinar.
- Promote the webinar to its network.
- Track webinar registrations and provide participants with all the information necessary to access the webinar.
- Train the presenter(s) on how to use the webinar platform and assist with the entire live webinar presentation.
- Moderate the webinar. This includes formally introducing the presenters and facilitating any Q&A and/or live polling.