The information provided below is intended to serve as a guide for our Emerging Issues Call for Proposals. The Emerging Issues Call for Proposals is open through Aug. 20.
- Who is the audience of AASHE educational events?The typical audience that participates in AASHE educational events is drawn from the campus sustainability community. It includes faculty, students, sustainability staff and executives, as well as community members and businesses. The audience tends to be diverse both geographically and in the level of experience.
- Do I need to be an AASHE member to submit a proposal?For conference proposals you do not need to be a member to submit or present, however, at least one presenter is required to be affiliated with an AASHE member organization in order to propose an AASHE webinar, workshop or course. If you are interested in becoming a member, please review the range of benefits that come with membership and contact email@example.com o
r (888) 347-9997 to get started.
- How do I submit a proposal?Proposals will only be reviewed if submitted the Emerging Issues Call for Proposals Submission Form. Proposals received via email will not be considered.
- Is there a limit of how many presenters can be associated with a proposal?Yes, we accept up to four presenters (or one submitter and four presenters) per submission. You will have the option to substitute presenters if needed.
- May businesses propose educational content?We require that businesses who present an educational session include at least one higher education representative in the session to help make the content applicable to our audience. NOTE: Presentations cannot be sales pitches. If you are a supplier of products or services, please be sure your session content is based upon a relevant topic, concept or idea – not one of your products, services or proprietary information. Only AASHE Business Leader Members can submit for a webinar.
- Will my proposal change if it is accepted?As we consider your proposal, we may have ideas for a different scope or focus of the proposed content that will be discussed with you. Presenters will have the opportunity to provide feedback, but acceptance of certain topics may depend upon the presenter’s willingness and ability to modify the original idea. Please note that all proposed presenters may not be selected to present the content outlined in the submission.