We need to re-think education – the way we talk about education and the ability of students to progress into different schemes, to train and re-train.
Zamzam Ibrahim is a Vice President of European Students’ Union, a co-founder of Students Organising for Sustainability UK, and Vice-Chair of the Muslim Leadership Foundation UK, and the former National President of the National Union of Students, UK. For almost a decade, she had been a leader in a variety of campaigns focused on issues like educational funding, climate justice and racial justice. She had a degree in finance from the University of Salford.
As Co-Founder and President of Students Organising for Sustainability (SOS), Zamzam has been campaigning to transform the education system so sustainability is integral and inclusive in responding to the climate emergency. We speak to Zamzam about organised student responses to climate justice, how that’s been disrupted in the current Covid situation, and how we might come out of this situation with climate and environmental campaigning at the fore.
- Heather McGheeThursday, Oct. 14, 10:00 a.m. ETAuthor
- Dina Gilio-WhitakerTuesday, Oct. 12, 4:00 p.m. ETLecturer, American Indian Studies, California State University at San Marcos
- Chloe MaxminWednesday, Oct. 13, 10:00 a.m. ETMaine State Senator
- Daphne FriasWednesday, Oct. 13, 10:00 a.m. ETYouth Organizer
- Dr. Michael J. SorrellTuesday, Oct. 12, 10:00 a.m. ETPresident, Paul Quinn College
- Dr. Ian Haney LópezWednesday, Oct. 13, 4:00 p.m. ETChief Justice Earl Warren Professor of Public Law at the University of California, Berkeley
- Details Coming SoonThursday, Oct. 14, 4:15 p.m. ET