Wanjiku “Wawa” Gatheru
Climate justice is racial justice.
Wanjiku “Wawa” Gatheru is a 21-year-old environmental justice advocate passionate about creating a more inclusive environmental movement. The founder of BlackGirlEnvironmentalist, she has bylines in VICE News and Glamour Magazine. Wawa is also the first Black person in history to receive the Rhodes, Truman and Udall Scholarships.
Wanjiku “Wawa” Gatheru and Tokata Iron Eyes, Environmental Justice Activists, talk to Stephanie Shephard, Entrepreneur & Activist, about how Generation Z is saving the planet — and changing the world.
- Colette Pichon BattleTuesday, Oct. 20, 10:30 a.m. ETExecutive Director, Gulf Coast Center for Law & Policy
- Tia Brown McNairTuesday, Oct. 20, 1:30 p.m. ETVice President of Diversity, Equity and Student Success, Association of American Colleges and Universities
- Davarian L. BaldwinTuesday, Oct. 20, 1:30 p.m. ETPaul E. Raether Distinguished Professor of American Studies, Trinity College
- Megan Red Shirt-Shaw (Oglala Lakota)Tuesday, Oct. 20, 1:30 p.m. ETPh.D Student, University of Minnesota
- Sean SweeneyTuesday, Oct. 20, 7:00 p.m. ETDirector, International Program for Labor, Climate and Environment, City University of New York
- Tasneem EssopWednesday, Oct. 21, 9:00 a.m. ETExecutive Director, Climate Action Network – International (CAN)
- Ibram X. KendiWednesday, Oct. 21, 1:30 p.m. ETAndrew W. Mellon Professor in the Humanities at Boston University
- Mateo NubeWednesday, Oct. 21, 7:00 p.m. ETCo-Director, Movement Generation Justice & Ecology Project
- Robin Wall KimmererThursday, Oct. 22, 9:00 a.m. ETDistinguished Teaching Professor, SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry Director, Center for Native Peoples and the Environment
- Sara Goldrick-RabThursday, Oct. 22, 12:30 p.m. ETProfessor of Sociology & Medicine at Temple University and Founding Director of the Hope Center for College, Community, and Justice Chief Strategy Officer for Emergency Aid at Edquity
- Joshua DedmondThursday, Oct. 22, 4:00 p.m. ETYouth Organizer for the Labor Network for Sustainability
- Suparna KudesiaThursday, Oct. 22, 4:00 p.m. ETChoreographer of Collective Change and Director CoFED