If a solution further concentrates control over land or water or labor or life itself into the hands of the few… it’s one step farther away from just transition.
Mateo Nube is one of the co-founders of the Movement Generation Justice & Ecology Project. He was born and grew up in La Paz, Bolivia. Since moving to the San Francisco Bay Area, he has worked in the labor, environmental justice and international solidarity movements. Mateo is the son of Barbara and the fortunate father of Maya and Nilo. He is also a member of the Latin rock band Los Nadies. Mateo is the national co-chair of the Climate Justice Alliance’s Steering Committee.
Mateo will share Movement Generation’s pioneering work to develop and deepen the concept of a just transition.
Inclusive Economies Require a Just Transition, Mateo Nube, Movement Generation Justice and Ecology Project (Oakland, CA)
- Colette Pichon BattleTuesday, Oct. 20, 10:30 a.m. ETExecutive Director, Gulf Coast Center for Law & Policy
- Tia Brown McNairTuesday, Oct. 20, 1:30 p.m. ETVice President of Diversity, Equity and Student Success, Association of American Colleges and Universities
- Davarian L. BaldwinTuesday, Oct. 20, 1:30 p.m. ETPaul E. Raether Distinguished Professor of American Studies, Trinity College
- Megan Red Shirt-Shaw (Oglala Lakota)Tuesday, Oct. 20, 1:30 p.m. ETPh.D Student, University of Minnesota
- Sean SweeneyTuesday, Oct. 20, 7:00 p.m. ETDirector, International Program for Labor, Climate and Environment, City University of New York
- Tasneem EssopWednesday, Oct. 21, 9:00 a.m. ETExecutive Director, Climate Action Network – International (CAN)
- Ibram X. KendiWednesday, Oct. 21, 1:30 p.m. ETAndrew W. Mellon Professor in the Humanities at Boston University
- Robin Wall KimmererThursday, Oct. 22, 9:00 a.m. ETDistinguished Teaching Professor, SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry Director, Center for Native Peoples and the Environment
- Sara Goldrick-RabThursday, Oct. 22, 12:30 p.m. ETProfessor of Sociology & Medicine at Temple University and Founding Director of the Hope Center for College, Community, and Justice Chief Strategy Officer for Emergency Aid at Edquity
- Wanjiku “Wawa” GatheruThursday, Oct. 22, 4:00 p.m. ETEnvironmental justice advocate and Rhodes Scholar at The University of Oxford
- Joshua DedmondThursday, Oct. 22, 4:00 p.m. ETYouth Organizer for the Labor Network for Sustainability
- Suparna KudesiaThursday, Oct. 22, 4:00 p.m. ETChoreographer of Collective Change and Director CoFED