Jessica Yinka Thomas
I’ve had the opportunity to work in academia for about 15 years now, and I have never seen anything that really captures the imagination and inspires students like B Corps.
Jessica Yinka Thomas is an Assistant Professor of Practice and Director of the Business Sustainability Collaborative in the Poole College of Management at NC State University. Her work focuses on studying innovative sustainable business models including B Corporations. Professor Thomas is President and Board Chair of B Academics, serves on the B Lab Standards Advisory Council and leads the nationally-recognized, B Corp Clinic student consulting program. She is a recipient of numerous awards including the Bill Clark B the Change award and the B Lab Collective Action award (on behalf of B Academics). Professor Thomas has written numerous award-winning case studies and white papers and is the author of two social justice novels.
The recent global pandemic, economic crisis and racial justice uprisings have revealed a deep, fundamental problem in our economic system, which has long rewarded maximizing wealth over well-being and has prioritized individualism over interdependence. Jessica Yinka Thomas explores a new model of business, B Corporations (B Corps), and a global movement focused on redesigning capitalism in a way that uses the power of business as an engine to drive positive social and environmental change.
- Peter KalmusTuesday Oct. 18, 2:00 p.m. ETClimate Scientist
- Dr. Elizabeth Popp BermanTuesday Oct. 18, 5:00 p.m. ETProfessor of Organizational Studies, University of Michigan
- Kumi NaidooWednesday Oct. 26, 10:00 a.m. ETSpecial Advisor to the Green Economy Coalition
- Dr. April AnsonWednesday Oct. 26, 5:00 p.m. ETAssistant Professor of Public Humanities, San Diego State University
- Jason HickelThursday Nov. 3, 11:00 a.m. ETProfessor, Institute for Environmental Science and Technology at the Autonomous University of Barcelona
- Amali TowerThursday Nov. 3, 5:00 p.m. ETFounder and Executive Director, Climate Refugees
- Tyson YunkaportaTuesday Oct. 18, 10:00 a.m. ETSenior Lecturer, Indigenous Knowledges, Deakin University