The way that we address climate change is just as important as the fact that we confront it.
Chloe Maxmin is a Maine State Senator and is the youngest woman ever to serve in the Maine State Senate. She was elected in 2020 after unseating a two-term Republican incumbent and (former) Senate Minority Leader. In 2018, she served in the Maine House of Representatives after becoming the first Democrat to win a rural conservative district. Named a Green Hero by Rolling Stone, she co-founded Divest Harvard – a campaign calling on Harvard University to divest its endowment from fossil fuels – as an undergraduate and helped grow it from a group of 3 into a movement of over 70,000 people.
Join us for a conversation with Maxmin and Editorial Director and Publisher Katrina vanden Heuvel on her work in Maine and how it connects to social justice struggles coast to coast.
- Heather McGheeThursday, Oct. 14, 10:00 a.m. ETAuthor
- Dina Gilio-WhitakerTuesday, Oct. 12, 4:00 p.m. ETLecturer, American Indian Studies, California State University at San Marcos
- Zamzam IbrahimWednesday, Oct. 13, 10:00 a.m. ETVice President, The European Students' Union (ESU)
- Daphne FriasWednesday, Oct. 13, 10:00 a.m. ETYouth Organizer
- Dr. Michael J. SorrellTuesday, Oct. 12, 10:00 a.m. ETPresident, Paul Quinn College
- Dr. Ian Haney LópezWednesday, Oct. 13, 4:00 p.m. ETChief Justice Earl Warren Professor of Public Law at the University of California, Berkeley
- Details Coming SoonThursday, Oct. 14, 4:15 p.m. ET