The call for proposals has concluded.
Mobilizing for a Just Transition
Humanity faces a series of intensifying and interrelated social and ecological crises. Solving these crises requires a holistic transformation: a shift from an extractive economy to a regenerative economy. With a theme of “Mobilizing for a Just Transition,” the Global Conference on Sustainability in Higher Education will focus on centering justice within this transformation and ensuring that it leaves no one behind. We seek to encourage higher education sustainability leaders to reflect and act on the Just Transition Principles articulated by the Climate Justice Alliance and to spotlight inspirational examples of institutions championing this work.
GCSHE will convene a diverse group of attendees including faculty, students, sustainability staff, administrators, business partners, nonprofit representatives, government officials and community members to examine:
- How can the higher education sustainability movement ensure the process of transitioning to sustainability on our campuses is just and equitable?
- How are we centering the voices of those most impacted by ecological and economic disruption in our work?
- How is higher education creating pathways to empower workers in the extractive economy to transition to dignified, secure, and sustainable livelihoods in the regenerative economy?
Are you working to catalyze a just transition? Join us at #GCSHE!
Why Present at GCSHE
- Share your successes and lessons learned. Demonstrate thought leadership during this three-day virtual experience designed to advance sustainability in higher education. This is a great opportunity for your campus and your own professional development.
- Advance the higher education sustainability movement. From engaging attendees with your sustainability story to empower others with insight, tools and solutions that have helped you, your participation will create a stronger campus sustainability community.
- Save money. Accepted presenters receive a discount applicable to full conference registration.
Important Dates and Deadlines*
|Mid-September||Accept/decline notifications sent|
|October 2||Deadline to accept/decline proposal|
|October 2||Deadline to use presenter discount for Emerging Issues session presenters only|
|October 2||Deadline to make edits/updates to for Emerging Issues accepted sessions.|
*Schedule and deadlines subject to change.