The Emerging Issues Call for Proposals for the 2022 AASHE Global Conference on Sustainability in Higher Education (#GCSHE) is now open! Higher education leaders can submit proposals by Aug. 19.
Businesses: Interested in participating? Learn more about AASHE’s Sustainable Solutions track!
Why Present at #GCSHE
- Share your successes and lessons learned. Demonstrate thought leadership during this three-day virtual experience designed to advance sustainability in higher education. This is a great opportunity for your campus and your own professional development.
- Advance the higher education sustainability movement. From engaging attendees with your sustainability story to empower others with insight, tools and solutions that have helped you, your participation will create a stronger campus sustainability community.
- Save money. Accepted presenters receive a discount applicable to full conference registration.
Theme: The Urgency of Now
In 2021, the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) released a major report indicating that immediate, rapid and large-scale reductions in greenhouse gas emissions are necessary to avoid catastrophic climate change. Despite this unequivocal and urgent warning from the world’s leading climate scientists and even as the dire consequences of climate change become ever more apparent, especially for the most vulnerable communities, many institutions and organizations seem mired in gradualism. With a theme of “The Urgency of Now,”* this year’s Global Conference on Sustainability in Higher Education (#GCSHE) is a clarion call for transformative sustainability solutions that match the speed and scale of the challenges we face.
Are you committed to urgent change at your institution and beyond? Join us at GSCHE!
#GCSHE will convene a diverse group of attendees including faculty, students, sustainability staff, administrators, business partners, nonprofit representatives, government officials and community members to examine:
- How can higher education leaders inspire a greater sense of urgency to tackle climate change at their institutions?
- How do higher education sustainability leaders shift focus from incremental improvement to organizational transformation?
- How can higher education institutions partner with their communities to prepare for and respond to the consequences of climate change?
- How can higher education prepare students to effectively shape and contribute to efforts to address the climate crisis?
Important Dates and Deadlines*
|Monday, July 18||Emerging Issues Call for Educational Content Opens|
|Friday, Aug. 19||Emerging Issues Call for Educational Content Closes|
|Friday, Aug. 19||Live Networking & Discussion Session Proposals Closes|
|Early Sept.||Accept/decline notifications sent|
|Friday, Sept. 16||Emerging Issues RSVP Deadline|
|Mid-Sept.||Deadline to make edits/updates for Emerging Issues accepted sessions|
|Monday, Oct. 3||Emerging Issues Presenter Registration Deadline|
|Monday, Oct. 3||Emerging Issues Recorded Session Upload Deadline|
|Tuesday, Oct. 11||Virtual Platform Open for Attendees|
|Tuesday, Oct. 18, 9:30 a.m. ET||#GCSHE Begins!|
|Thursday, Nov. 3, 6:00 p.m. ET||Close of #GCSHE Live Content|
|Saturday, Dec. 31||Close of #GCSHE On-Demand Content Access|
*Schedule and deadlines are subject to change.