The Emerging Issues Call for Proposals for the 2021 AASHE Global Conference on Sustainability in Higher Education (GCSHE) is now closed.
Why Present at GCSHE
- Share your successes and lessons learned. Demonstrate thought leadership during this three-day virtual experience designed to advance sustainability in higher education. This is a great opportunity for your campus and your own professional development.
- Advance the higher education sustainability movement. From engaging attendees with your sustainability story to empower others with insight, tools and solutions that have helped you, your participation will create a stronger campus sustainability community.
- Save money. Accepted presenters receive a discount applicable to full conference registration.
Theme: The Future is…
The failure of many entities to respond effectively to a deadly pandemic, coming at a time when society is already reeling from intensifying climate-related disasters, ongoing systemic racism and rising authoritarianism, has resulted in profound apprehension about the future. With a theme of “The future is …”, this year’s Global Conference on Sustainability in Higher Education reflects the uncertainty about the future that many feel and invites participants to recommit themselves to the urgent work of building a future that is sustainable, equitable, and resilient. We seek to highlight inspiring examples of higher education leadership that empower participants to envision and create such a future. Ultimately, the future is ours to make. Are you committed to leveraging the power of higher education to forge a brighter future? Join us at GSCHE!
GCSHE will convene a diverse group of attendees including faculty, students, sustainability staff, administrators, business partners, nonprofit representatives, government officials and community members to examine:
- How does higher education need to change to effectively meet the grand challenges of our time?
- How can higher education institutions demonstrate the potential for a resilient, equitable, and sustainable future in the operation of their campuses?
- How can higher education support students and employees struggling with anxiety about the future and equip them to better navigate this future?
- How can higher education institutions help their communities prepare for future crises?
Important Dates and Deadlines*
|Monday, July 12||Emerging Issues Call for Educational Content Opens|
|Friday, Aug. 20||Emerging Issues Call for Educational Content Closes|
|Friday, Aug. 20||Live Networking & Discussion Session Proposals Closes|
|Early Sept.||Accept/decline notifications sent|
|Friday, Sept. 17||Emerging Issues RSVP Deadline|
|Mid-Sept.||Deadline to make edits/updates for Emerging Issues accepted sessions|
|Friday, Oct. 1||Emerging Issues Presenter Registration Deadline|
|Friday, Oct. 1||Emerging Issues Recorded Session Upload Deadline|
|Tuesday, Oct. 5||Virtual Platform Open for Attendees|
|Tuesday, Oct. 12, 9:30 a.m. ET||GCSHE Begins!|
|Thursday, Oct. 14, 5:00 p.m. ET||Close of GCSHE Live Content|
|Friday, Dec. 31||Close of GCSHE On-Demand Content Access|
*Schedule and deadlines subject to change.