Expected to draw thousands of participants, the Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education’s (AASHE’s) Global Conference on Sustainability in Higher Education (GCSHE), is a great opportunity to exchange effective models, policies, research, collaborations and transformative actions that advance sustainability in higher education and surrounding communities. We invite you to join us by submitting a proposal and share your knowledge, achievements and ideas for a poster or a networking meeting.
Mobilizing for a Just Transition
Humanity faces a series of intensifying and interrelated social and ecological crises. Solving these crises requires a holistic transformation: a shift from an extractive economy to a regenerative economy. With a theme of “Mobilizing for a Just Transition,” the Global Conference on Sustainability in Higher Education will focus on centering justice within this transformation and ensuring that it leaves no one behind. We seek to encourage higher education sustainability leaders to reflect and act on the Just Transition Principles articulated by the Climate Justice Alliance and to spotlight inspirational examples of institutions championing this work.
GCSHE will convene a diverse group of attendees including faculty, students, sustainability staff, administrators, business partners, nonprofit representatives, government officials and community members to examine:
- How can the higher education sustainability movement ensure the process of transitioning to sustainability on our campuses is just and equitable?
- How are we centering the voices of those most impacted by an ecological and economic disruption in our work?
- How is higher education creating pathways to empower workers in the extractive economy to transition to dignified, secure, and sustainable livelihoods in the regenerative economy?
Are you working to catalyze a just transition? Join us at GCSHE!
Why Present at GCSHE
- Share your successes and lessons learned. Demonstrate thought leadership during this three-day virtual experience designed to advance sustainability in higher education. This is a great opportunity for your campus and your own professional development.
- Advance the higher education sustainability movement. From engaging attendees with your sustainability story to empower others with insight, tools and solutions that have helped you, your participation will create a stronger campus sustainability community.
- Save money. Accepted presenters receive a discount applicable to full conference registration.
Important Dates and Deadlines*
|January 15||Call for Proposals Launches|
|February 28||Submission period closes for Lightning Talks, 40-Minute Sessions, 90-Minute Sessions, Half-Day Workshops, and Full-Day Workshops. Proposals will still be accepted for Student Summit Sessions, Curriculum Colloquium Sessions, Posters and Networking Meetings.|
|April 12||Submission period closes for Student Summit Sessions and Curriculum Colloquium Sessions. Proposals still accepted for Posters and Networking Meetings.|
|Mid-May||Accept/decline notifications sent|
|July 31||Deadline to accept/decline proposal|
|August 14||Deadline to use presenter discount|
|September 10||Presenter registration deadline (before session cancellation). Poster and networking meeting proposal submission deadline.|
|September 11||Deadline to make edits/updates to accepted proposals.|
*Schedule and deadlines subject to change.