Find frequently asked questions for all aspects of the Global Conference on Sustainability in Higher Education (#GCSHE).
- When is AASHE's virtual #GCSHE?The Global Conference on Sustainability in Higher Education (#GCSHE) will be held virtually on Oct. 18, Oct. 26, and Nov. 3, 2022.
- Where can I receive updates regarding AASHE’s #GCSHE?
- Are scholarships available for those in need of financial assistance?Scholarships typically open late summer each year. Check the conference website for complete details.
- Where can I get assistance with registration or any additional questions?With special rates for upper-income, middle-income and lower-income countries, we are proud to offer the most equitable and affordable rates for everyone through this year’s event!
If you need assistance with registration or have questions that have not been answered in the FAQs, please email us at email@example.com.
- What can I do to optimize my system for the virtual conference platform?
Conference Virtual Platform Questions
- What should I do before the conference?To ensure you have the best experience, we recommend that you:
- Complete your profile by clicking Account in the left-hand navigation bar on the side of your screen.
- Review live sessions you are especially interested in and add to your event calendar and personal calendar.
- Review the on-demand sessions to continue expanding your professional skills at the time most convenient for you.
- Complete the Matchmaking Survey under Networking in the left-hand navigation bar to be connected with other people in similar roles.
- Download or update the zoom desktop client for the best session participation experience.
- I forgot my login credentials. How do I reset my password and log into the virtual conference platform?
- Go to the virtual conference platform (sent to you via email) and enter your login and password. Unable to find it? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your login and password can be found in an email from email@example.com with the Subject line “#GCSHE Conference Access & Login Credentials” that was just sent to your inbox (check your Spam folder if you don’t see it).
- If you forget your password, you’ll find a “Reset Password” link on the login page.
General Registration Questions
- How much is registration?We have special rates for upper-income, middle-income and lower-income countries. Please visit the rates & categories page for full pricing details.
- Are group packages available?
- What does registration include?
- Access for one Participant – sharing of Participant credentials is not permitted at any time. Credentials are issued to and used by only the Participant named in the registration.
- Access to all sessions (based upon your ticket type)
- On-demand access to all recorded sessions (based upon your ticket type) available after the live conference
- Live interactive forums and opportunities for question time with speakers
- All social and networking sessions and platforms used within the online program
- Access to the interactive exhibit hall
- Can registrants who are unable to attend send a substitute?All content from #GCSHE will be available on the platform through Dec. 31, allowing viewing even after the live dates have passed. Due to this fact, we will not be allowing substitutions on registrations. If you are unable to attend, you will need to cancel your reservation.
- What is your refund policy if I am unable to attend?Requests for cancellations and/or refunds will be accepted up to October 1, 2022, and a 20% administrative fee will be deducted. Please note that this fee will be incurred for all cancellation/refund requests regardless of when they are received. Once a registration has been charged to a credit card, AASHE is not able to change the credit card used for payment. Refunds will be credited using the original method of payment less the cancellation fee. Cancellations received after the cutoff date will not be refunded for any reason. Refunds will not be issued for no-shows.
Host Institution Participant Cancellation Policy: Any registrants from Host Institutions that registered and paid as individuals can switch their registration to the Host Institution package for a free registration and receive a refund, minus the 20% administration fee, up to October 1, 2022. If you intend to purchase a Host Institution package, we encourage you to inform your campus to delay registering for the conference until you have received your discount registration code.
- Can you register for the virtual conference on the day of the event?While we recommend registering at least a few days before the conference starts to ensure you have time to log in, set up your profile, and create a customized agenda, registrations will be accepted throughout the entire event. Registration closes at 11:59 pm on November 3, 2022. All content will be available for on-demand viewing through Dec. 31, 2022.
- What forms of payment are accepted?A credit card is the payment method for individual registrations. For sponsors, please contact us if you would like to pay by check. For groups, please select the “Check” option under Payment Options during registration to arrange payment by check or wire transfer.
- Why is there no member vs. non-member pricing offer for this event?As we continue to all face the challenges and struggles of the COVID-19 pandemic, we recognize the need to continue to make attending our event as simple as possible. As such, we continue to offer one rate, regardless of membership. By bringing together more people, by expanding our community, we believe we can have a great impact and reach to spur positive and lasting change.
Members still receive a wealth of exclusive benefits! Explore them today by selecting the relevant category for your institution/organization.
- Why is the virtual conference not free?While we wish we could offer this virtual event for free, the fees from our annual conference support the larger operating budget of the AASHE organization, as well as expenses related to putting on the event, such as employing our staff, purchasing the necessary virtual technology and paying our keynote speakers. In order for us to keep curating this wonderful event, we need the support of attendees like you.
- Can presenters use the additional discount codes?Discount codes cannot be applied to already reduced/discounted registrations, including Presenter or other discounts. Presenter discounts are already at the maximum discount offered. Refunds will not be authorized for existing registrations where the special offer was received after the initial purchase. Limit one (1) special offer/discount code per registration.
- I am an accepted presenter, now what?Accepted presenters need to go through a two-step process in order to have their session included in the program:
1) RSVP/Confirm: Log into your Speaker Portal using the credentials received via email and sign the Presenter Policies & Agreement to agree to present your sessions.
2) Register: All accepted speakers must register to attend the conference regardless of session type. To get started, select Presenter, select your Presenter Ticket and enter the access code you received via email.
- I am having trouble registering as a presenter
- Is it required for presenters to register?
Yes, anyone who is listed as a presenter must be registered for the conference. Presenters who do not register by the Presenter Registration deadline will be removed from the presenter list. Sessions without any registered presenters will be removed from the program.
- Can presenters apply for scholarships?
Yes, presenters can apply for scholarships.
- Can I use both my presenter discount and an additional $25 off discount?
Discount codes cannot be applied to already reduced/discounted registrations, including Presenter or other discounts. Presenter discounts are already at the maximum discount offered.
- Do I have to pay as a presenter to attend if my institution is a Host Institution?
No, you do not have to pay. Be sure to use the discount code provided to your institution when registering to activate the discount.
- I can no longer present at this conference. Can someone else present for me?
Yes, presenters are able to substitute another presenter for their session by Sept. 16. We are unable to accept registration substitutions, so the new presenter will need to register by Sept. 16 as well. To substitute a presenter please fill out this form.
- I need to make changes to my session or cancel my session. How do I do that?
To make changes to your session, please complete this form.
- When is my session scheduled for?
If your session was accepted as an on-demand Session, it will not have a specific time in the schedule. Attendees will be able to access your session recording at any time during the live portion of the conference (Oct. 18, Oct. 26 and Nov. 3) and during the on-demand time (Oct. 18 – Dec. 31).
If your session was accepted as a live or a networking & discussion session, your session’s date and time are available to you in your Speaker Portal in Pheedloop.
- What is the difference between the session types?
Read more details on the session types and what functionality exists for each on the Session Types page.
- What happens to my session after it airs?
Recordings of live sessions will become available as on-demand sessions within a few days of airing. This is a great way to share your content with attendees who couldn’t make your session. Your session will be available on-demand through Dec. 31. To protect the privacy of participants and enable open discussion, networking & discussion sessions will not be recorded or available on-demand after the session ends.
- What happens to my session after the conference is over?
AASHE will download a copy of your recorded presentation from the conference platform. We may re-broadcast your session at a later date.
- Can I provide additional documentation (PDFs, images) to my presentation?
Yes! We encourage presenters to upload PDFs of their slides along with any additional white papers or other documentation that will enhance their presentation in their Speaker Portal. Attendees will be able to download these documents from your session page.
- How can I drum up enthusiasm and engagement during a recorded session?
Think creatively about how to incorporate engaging video into your presentation. Take a video of your campus or interview your students and faculty. Try to show more of your research and your successes, rather than just talking about it with slides. Use AASHE’s Get Interactive resource to design your session.
You can also drum up interest by asking questions of the audience and encouraging them to answer in text via the chat, and then encourage them to scroll through to see the answers of other attendees who have watched previously. Check back on chat frequently and respond to the comments and questions of your viewers.
- I have questions about my presentation not listed here. Can I talk with someone at AASHE?
- Can I include videos in my presentation?
Yes, we encourage you to take videos of your campus, your research, or even interview colleagues and students to make a more interactive presentation.
- I’m having trouble recording my presentation. Can I get assistance?
AASHE is unable to provide specific support for the software of your choice. If you need support for your recording software, refer to its documentation or visit the software developer’s website. However, we recommend you attend one of our #GCSHE Presenter Q&A sessions or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How do I become a host institution?
- How will individuals at my institution register?After your institution submits its payment to become a Host Institution Sponsor, you will receive procedures on how to register that can be shared with the rest of your campus.
- Someone from my institution already registered. Can we get a refund?Registrants from Host Institutions that registered and paid as individuals can switch their registration to the Host Institution package for a free registration and receive a refund, minus the 20% administration fee, up to October 1, 2022.
- What is the expo hall schedule for this year’s conference?This year’s expo hall schedule is as follows:
Day One – Tuesday, Oct. 18
- All Day!
Day Two – Wednesday, Oct. 26
- All Day!
Day Three – Thursday, Nov. 3
- All Day!
- How do I setup my booth?You will receive an email with a link and password to access your Exhibitor Portal. The email will come from email@example.com.
In your Exhibitor Portal, you can:
- Preview your booth design and information in real-time
- Add Managers (members of your staff who will be involved with the event)
- Edit your company profile
- Upload Booth Design files for:
- Logo Image
- Thumbnail Image
- Banner Image
- Promotional Video
- Review Tasks assigned to your organization
- Upload files, including handouts or other useful materials you’d like attendees to access. Max file size is 50 MB.
- Access leads from the event
- Who attends the Global Conference on Sustainability in Higher Education (#GCSHE)?Through a virtual format, we have opened the door for higher education sustainability leaders from around the world to participate. This unprecedented global event will attract a diverse group of campus sustainability change agents, including sustainability officers, senior administrators, facilities officers, procurement staff, campus faculty and others from across the globe!
- How many video resources can I upload?You can only upload one video, although you can link to your company’s website to highlight others. There is no limit on the number of document-based resources you’d like to upload, although we recommend 3-5.
- What are the specs for my organization's video?Pheedloop supports a single MP4 file up to 100 MB with a 16:9 aspect ratio. Videos are displayed on loop and start muted.
- Can I set up appointments with attendees?Yes, sponsors may set up appointments with attendees. Please be respectful and do not spam everyone at the conference. If an attendee requests a meeting with you, if there’s someone you’ve engaged with at previous conferences or if you hear a need during a session that your organization can address, you can request a meeting with attendees. You will be able to set up meeting requests when attendees gain access to the virtual platform on Oct. 11.
- When do I need to have my virtual booth set up?By the end of the day on Oct. 3. Please note that attendees will gain access to the platform on Oct. 11 and will be able to view sponsor booths at that time, although they will not be able to engage with chat or the Zoom meeting room until the Conference begins.
- How long will my virtual booth be available to attendees?Your virtual booth will be visible to attendees starting on Oct. 11 through the live dates of the conference (Oct. 18, Oct. 26 and Nov. 3) and through the on-demand viewing period ending Dec. 31. We encourage you to check back on your booth periodically to see if there are any new comments or questions in the chat and to access your updated lead reports.
Call for Proposals Questions
- Who is the audience of AASHE educational events?The typical audience that participates in AASHE educational events is drawn from the campus sustainability community. It includes faculty, students, sustainability staff and executives, as well as community members and businesses. The audience tends to be diverse both geographically and in the level of experience.
- Do I need to be an AASHE member to submit a proposal?We give preference to submissions featuring people associated with AASHE member organizations but it is not a requirement to present at the conference. We do require however that at least one presenter be affiliated with an AASHE member organization in order to propose an AASHE webinar, workshop or course. Further, we don’t accept proposals submitted by or featuring non-member businesses. If you are interested in becoming a member, please review the range of benefits that come with membership and contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (888) 347-9997 to get started.
- How do I submit a proposal?The Emerging Issues Call for Proposals is now open. Submit a proposal by Aug. 15.
- Is there a limit to how many presenters can be associated with a proposal?Yes. The limits are different for each format. #GCSHE Educational sessions and networking & discussion sessions should have no more than 3 presenters. #GCSHE Lighting Talks should only have a single presenter. Up to 4 presenters are allowed for other formats (e.g., webinars, workshops, courses). You will have the option to substitute presenters if necessary.
- May businesses propose educational content?Yes, we welcome proposals from AASHE member businesses. However, proposals that sound like advertisements of a product or service will not be accepted. If you are a supplier of products or services, be sure your proposal focuses on a relevant topic, concept, or idea – not one of your products or services. In addition, we strongly recommend including a campus representative as a presenter to help make the content applicable to participants. Finally, please note that the opportunity to present an AASHE webinar is a benefit for AASHE Business Leader Members only.
- Will my proposal change if it is accepted?As we consider your proposal, we may have ideas for a different scope or focus of the proposed content that will be discussed with you. Presenters will have the opportunity to provide feedback, but acceptance of certain topics may depend upon the presenter’s willingness and ability to modify the original idea. Please note that all proposed presenters may not be selected to present the content outlined in the submission.