Find frequently asked questions for all aspects of the AASHE 2023 Conference & Expo.
About #AASHE 2023 Questions
- Where and when is the AASHE 2023 Conference & Expo in-person conference?After three years of successfully hosting a virtual conference, we invite you to experience the highly anticipated AASHE 2023 Conference & Expo in Boston, Massachusetts at the Sheraton Boston Hotel from October 29-31, 2023!
- Will there be a virtual offering for people who can’t attend in person?We will not be offering virtual options for this conference. A hybrid model for our conference is going to be cost-prohibitive this year, but we continue to explore options on how we can get this important content out to the largest audience.
- Where can I receive updates regarding the conference?
- Are scholarships available for those in need of financial assistance?AASHE is pleased to offer scholarships for those needing financial assistance to attend the AASHE Conference & Expo. Please review the guidelines carefully before submitting. Applications received on or before Aug. 18 will be considered for this year’s conference only.
- Where can I get assistance with registration or any additional questions?If you need assistance with registration or have questions that have not been answered in the FAQs, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
General Registration Questions
- How much is registration?We have special rates for members, non-members, students and presenters. Please visit the rates & categories page for full pricing details.
- Are group packages available?Yes, AASHE offers group registration discounts. Purchase 5+ registrations of the same type to automatically receive 5% off each registration price.
- 10+ tickets = 10% discount
- 15+ tickets = 15% discount
Group registrations are also available to Sponsors and Host Institutions (Host Institutions must be a member of AASHE). For more detail, visit AASHE’s Sponsor & Exhibit page. Stay tuned for more information about Host Institutions!
- What does registration include?
- Access to all sessions
- All social and networking sessions
- Access to the exhibit hall
- Vegetarian Lunch on October 30 and October 31
- Opening Night Reception on October 29
- I am having trouble getting my registration to go through.Please try a different browser. If you’re still having issues, contact email@example.com for assistance.
- What is your refund policy if I am unable to attend?Requests for cancellations and/or refunds will be accepted until 11:59 p.m. (ET) on October 6, 2023, and a 20% administrative fee will be deducted. Please note that this fee will be incurred for all cancellation/refund requests regardless of when they are received. Once a registration has been charged to a credit card, AASHE cannot change the credit card used for payment. Refunds will be credited using the original payment method, less the cancellation fee. Refunds will not be issued for no-shows.
- Can registrants who are unable to attend send a substitute?AASHE does not allow substitutions on registrations. If you are unable to attend, you will need to cancel your registration by the cancellation cutoff date of October 6, 2023 for a refund, minus the 20% administrative fee. No refunds will be granted after October 6, 2023.
- What forms of payment are accepted?Check, ACH, and credit card payments are accepted as outlined in our registration policies. Check payments will be accepted until September 29, 2023, and must be sent within 45 days of invoice receipt. If paying by check, please allow 2 weeks for delivery and receipt. If payment is not received within 45 days of your registration, AASHE will cancel your registration, and you will have to register at the rate in place when you re-register. Please include a copy of the invoice or confirmation email.
Call for Proposals Questions
- Who is the audience of AASHE educational events?The typical audience that participates in the AASHE conference is drawn from the campus sustainability community. It includes faculty, students, sustainability staff and executives, as well as community members and businesses. The audience tends to be diverse both geographically and in the level of experience.
- Do I need to be an AASHE member to submit a proposal?We give preference to submissions featuring presenters associated with AASHE member organizations. Also, conference proposals submitted by or featuring businesses that are not AASHE members will not be accepted. If you are interested in becoming a member, please review the range of benefits that come with membership and contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (888) 347-9997 to get started.
- How do I submit a proposal?Visit the Call for Proposals page to submit a proposal.
- Is there a limit to how many presenters can be associated with a proposal?Up to four (conference-attending) presenters may be associated with a proposal.
- May businesses propose educational content?Yes, we welcome proposals from AASHE member businesses. However, proposals that sound like advertisements of a product or service will not be accepted. If you are a supplier of products or services, be sure your proposal focuses on a relevant topic, concept, or idea – not one of your products or services. In addition, we strongly recommend including a campus representative as a presenter to help make the content applicable to participants.
- Will my proposal change if it is accepted?As we consider your proposal, we may have ideas for a different scope or focus of the proposed content that will be discussed with you. Presenters will have the opportunity to provide feedback, but acceptance of certain topics may depend upon the presenter’s willingness and ability to modify the original idea. Please note that all proposed presenters may not be selected to present the content outlined in the submission.
- I want to register early to get the best price, but I don’t know if my session will be accepted.Everyone who submits a proposal and does not have their session accepted will receive a discount code offering them the Early Bird discount rate. Those presenters who sessions are accepted will be able to register at our discounted presenter rate.
- I have questions about my proposal not listed here. Can I talk with someone at AASHE?Please send an email to email@example.com.
Host Institution Questions
- How do I become a host institution?The Host Institution opportunity is available to AASHE member institutions by completing the Host Institution Order Form. For questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How will individuals at my institution register?After your institution submits its payment to become a Host Institution, you will receive procedures on how to register members of your campus for the conference.
- Someone from my institution already registered. Can we get a refund?Registrants from Host Institutions that registered and paid as individuals can switch their registration to the Host Institution package for a free registration and receive a refund, minus the 20% administration fee, up to October 6, 2023.
Sponsor & Exhibitor Questions
- What offerings are available?
- What is the expo hall schedule for this year’s conference?Sunday, October 29, 2023
- Exhibitor Installation: 12:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Expo Hall Opening & Reception: 5:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Monday, October 30, 2023
- Expo Hall Hours: 10:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Tuesday, October 31, 2023
- Expo Hall Hours: 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Exhibitor Dismantle: 2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- How do I set up information about my organization in the mobile app?You will receive an email with a link and password to access your Exhibitor Portal later this summer. The email will come from email@example.com.
In your Exhibitor Portal, you can:
- Preview your listing design and information in real-time
- Add Managers (members of your staff who will be involved with the event)
- Edit your company profile
- Upload Booth Design files for:
- Logo Image
- Thumbnail Image
- Banner Image
- Promotional Video
- Review Tasks assigned to your organization
- Upload files, including handouts or other useful materials you’d like attendees to access. Max file size is 50 MB.
- Access leads from the event in real-time
- Who attends the AASHE 2023 Conference & Expo (#AASHE)?Witness the unparalleled convergence of your target audience at the AASHE Conference & Expo, where an influential and diverse cohort of sustainability leaders assemble. Brace yourself for a powerhouse of attendees, including: sustainability officers, senior campus administrators, campus facilities officers, administrators of system offices, higher education faculty, business managers, environmental and energy-related government agencies, business sustainability directors and managers, students, construction project specialists, and others from across the globe!