2012 Higher Education Sustainability Staffing Survey
It’s that time again! We're collecting information for our popular, biennial Higher Education Sustainability Staffing Survey report.
Jobs at all levels are being surveyed - from program assistant to vice chancellor/VP for sustainability – at any college or university in the U.S. and Canada. The survey and associated report are important vehicles for increasing our understanding of the rapidly growing career field of sustainability professional in higher education. The survey includes questions for both general sustainability staff and more focused positions such as recycling manager or curriculum development specialist.
Collected data will enable comparisons of such factors as salary, scope of work, number of supervised staff, and reporting structure grouped by variables such as position type, institutional characteristics, and region.
It should take about 15-20 minutes to complete the survey, which will remain open through Friday, January 11, 2013 (to midnight Pacific time). Detailed instructions are on the first page. Here's the link to the survey:
Please forward a link to this page to all who are eligible - the more responses the stronger the results.
Results from AASHE staffing surveys are used by the media as well as by administrators, students, faculty, staff, and others interested in sustainability positions in higher education. Not surprisingly, these reports are among our most popular publications. The 2012 survey report should be ready sometime in early 2013.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
Special thanks to those who served as reviewers and testers this year and provided valuable feedback:
- Seth Vidaña – Western Washington University
- Linda Petee - Delta College
- Heather Spalding - Portland State University
- Julie Newman - Yale University
- Riley Neugebauer - Skidmore College
- Tavey McDaniel Capps – Duke University
- Linda Kogan - University of Colorado Colorado Springs
- Cindy Klein-Banai - University of Illinois at Chicago
- Richard Johnson - Rice University
- Bert Jacobson - Kankakee Community College
- Trina Innes - University of Alberta
- Andrea George - Vanderbilt University
- Liz Davey - Tulane University
- Julian Dautremont-Smith - Alfred State College
- David Burgess – Portland State University
- Davis Bookhart - Johns Hopkins University
Thanks also to the following AASHE staff for their assistance:
- Niles Barnes
- Sam Hummel
- Margi LaPorte
- Paul Rowland
- Monika Urbanski
-- Judy Walton, Chief Publications Officer