Campus Sustainability Leadership Awards
Notice: Starting in 2010, this Award category has been discontinued. We ask users to please visit the categories available for 2010 here: http://www.aashe.org/about/aashe-awards
Four Campus Sustainability Leadership Awards are presented annually to institutions that have made the greatest overall commitment to sustainability as demonstrated in their education and research, campus operations, and administration and finance. In 2009, one award was given in each of the following categories:
- Community colleges and other two-year institutions (Butte College)
- Four-year and graduate institutions under 5,000 student FTE (Furman University)
- Four-year and graduate institutions 5,000 - 15,000 student FTE (University of New Hampshire)
- Four-year and graduate institutions over 15,000 student FTE (New York University)
Congratulations to our 2009 winners!
Submissions were judged on the following criteria:
- Overall impact of an institution's efforts, relative to the institution's size and wealth
- Breadth of sustainability initiatives, especially the integration of social aspects of sustainability
- Extent of student involvement in sustainability activities
- Level of support from campus administration
- Extent to which institution serves as a model for others
The winners of this year's Campus Sustainability Leadership Awards will be featured in Sustainability: The Journal of Record. As in previous years, the winners are also likely to receive additional coverage in other media. The awards were presented at the Greening of the Campus VIII Conference (Sept. 20-23 in Indianapolis, IN).
After the winners are announced, all Campus Sustainability Leadership Award applications are added to AASHE's online library of campus sustainability profiles.
Eligibility: Any college or university in the US and Canada is eligible for this award - there is no requirement for membership in AASHE. Campuses that have won an AASHE Campus Sustainability Leadership Award in the past 5 years are not eligible.
We are no longer accepting applications for the 2009 awards program. The application forms for the 2010 awards will be posted in the spring of 2010. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Previous Campus Sustainability Leadership Award Winners
2006 Campus Winner Berea College
L-R: Kathryn Streletzky (Office Depot), Tammy Clemons (Berea College), Judy Walton (AASHE)
Additional campus award applications are posted in our Campus Sustainability Profiles.