The 2018 AASHE Conference & Expo will be here in one month! Approximately 2,000 higher education sustainability practitioners are preparing to gather in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania from Oct. 2 – 5 to examine the critical role of higher education in achieving the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) through this year’s theme, “Global Goals: Rising to the Challenge.” Highlights include:
- A new film festival that highlights the wide range of approaches AASHE members are taking to advance sustainability in their communities.
- A new advanced session dedicated to the needs of seasoned sustainability professionals. This session will allow participants to learn how advancement offices establish fundraising priorities, gain familiarity with different types of donors and campaigns, and connect with attendees at similar institutions via networking. Attendees will leave with a “pitch,” action plan, or other tangible deliverable crafted during the session to accelerate their work when they return to campus.
- The popular poster session that provides a unique opportunity for networking, exchanging innovative ideas and providing useful feedback between presenters and attendees.
- Highly anticipated keynote addresses from Akpezi Ogbuigwe, the former Head of Environmental Education and Training at the United Nations Environment Programme, and Dr. Paul Shrivastava, the Chief Sustainability Officer and Professor at Penn State University.
- A jam-packed Expo Hall for attendees to see the latest in equipment, software and other ‘tools of the trade’ that support sustainability! Please stop by the Expo Hall and visit the businesses that interest you the most, thank them for their support and learn how they can help you advance sustainability back at your campus.
- A full day Student Summit session that allows students from around the world an opportunity to network and learn new tactics to take back to their campus and advance sustainability.
- A critical conversation centered around the theme, “Global Goals: Rising to the Challenge” that will examine the critical role of higher education in achieving the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) taking place throughout the 300+ breakout sessions, 20+ workshops, tours and evening events, and 20+ networking meetings. These sessions are all designed to give participants an in-depth discussion into overcoming sustainability challenges, ab opportunity to see sustainability projects on local campuses and the chance to learn more about the city with other conference attendees.
View the full schedule to see everything we are offering this year and come ready to learn. Leave with a renewed sense of passion and motivation to tackle sustainability challenges.
Online registration closes on Sept. 17 and will not be extended. For more information and to register, visit conference.aashe.org.