Member Relations Coordinator
The Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education (AASHE) seeks a Member Relations Coordinator to communicate with members, non-members and others in a sales and relationship building role.
Initiatives could include soliciting for the following: new memberships, membership renewals, new STARS participants and renewals, various AASHE products and services. Establish and maintain strong relationships with members, non-members and others. Meet or exceed sales projections for various programs/projects as assigned. Establish relationships with potential donors and participate in fundraising as assigned. Works successfully with limited supervision, independently and within a team. The ideal candidate will represent AASHE’s evolving sales and program offerings as needed or assigned.
The Membership Coordinator reports to the Director of Operations, and works closely with the Data Architect and two other Member Relations Coordinators, as well as other AASHE staff. The ability to work collaboratively and creatively within a distributed organization is vital to this position, since team members are in different locations.
- Solicits membership (new and renewing) and STARS participants (new and renewing) primarily by phone and email and coordinates and implements strategies to retain existing members.
- Solicits AASHE-wide sponsorships, advertisement opportunities, and professional development event registrations.
- Provides a high level of customer service including building strong relationships with members, non-members, donors and others. Responds to inquiries and requests.
- In conjunction with other staff, Identifies new target lists for campaigns.
- Represents AASHE and conducts in-person outreach at events, one-on-one meetings and other opportunities as needed. May include conferences, meetings and seminars. May include planning and coordination of outreach.
- Performs administrative tasks related to membership and payment processing.
- Performs administrative tasks in order to compile, analyze and process membership applications and payments, and coordinates membership renewals.
- Produces membership reports, and proofs and updates membership communications.
- Updates membership data on website and in other functional systems.
- Supports marketing efforts via coordination and execution of marketing initiatives as assigned. Participates in promotion of AASHE membership, professional development, programs and other opportunities.
- Works with other staff or contractors on sales/solicitations of various AASHE programs and opportunities.
- Track relevant interactions with customers in Salesforce to enable AASHE to have detailed descriptions on the experiences of our members and prospects.
- Fosters communication with donors and potential donors.
- Staying current with AASHE’s program offerings. Understands AASHE programs and other offerings.
- Utilizes Salesforce to track and organize renewal campaigns.
- Works in conjunction with other AASHE staff to determine effectiveness of campaigns.
- Demonstrate a commitment to diversity in the workplace.
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate degree or equivalent experience.
- Relevant experience in member recruitment, sales, or similar role is required. One (1) year required, Two (2) or more years is preferred.
Knowledge and Skills
- High level of individual initiative and creativity.
- Ability to work with limited supervision and successfully within a team.
- Ability to resolve practical problems independently.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to consistently meet daily, weekly and monthly deadlines.
- Working knowledge of, and experience with the use of database management systems (preferably Salesforce) and with the production of data queries, reports, and forms.
- Computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets (excel) and websites.
- Ability to rapidly learn and use new software.
- Ability to deal effectively and tactfully with a wide variety of individuals in person, on the telephone and in writing.
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers, team members and staff.
- Ability to comfortably sell various programs and opportunities primarily via telephone and email.
- Self motivated in a non-traditional work environment.
- Experience working with diverse populations including racial and ethnic minorities
- Experience with Salesforce
- Background and interest in sustainability in higher education.
- Experience in a higher education environment
- Experience with business to business sales
- Experience creating sales target lists
The Membership Coordinator will work in AASHE’s Denver, CO office.
Hours & Compensation
This is a full-time (40 hrs/week), non-exempt position. The hourly rate of pay is $15 per hour depending on experience and education. AASHE offers a generous benefits package including sick, vacation and holiday leave; health insurance; a 401(k) retirement program, and a cafeteria plan of other benefits.
Occasional travel is required for this job. Travel expenses are paid for or reimbursed by AASHE.
Use our online form, please submit the following:
- A cover letter that addresses the skills and qualifications noted above,
- Completed AASHE employment application
Screening of applications begins on December 7, 2012 but applications will be accepted until the position is filled. AASHE conducts pre-employment screening of all candidates. Please send questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
AASHE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity and to achieving an inclusive, diverse workplace that values each individual. Members of under-represented groups are encouraged to apply. As an equal opportunity employer, AASHE does not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment based upon race, color, sexual orientation, national origin, religious beliefs, gender, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, U.S. veteran status, or any other protected classifications, activities, or conditions as required by federal, state and local laws.
AASHE in cooperation with the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the Social Security Administration (SSA) use an electronic system called E-Verify to assist employers further in verifying the employment eligibility of all newly-hired employees.
AASHE is helping to create a brighter future of opportunity for all by advancing sustainability in higher education. By creating a diverse community engaged in sharing ideas and promising practices, AASHE provides administrators, faculty, staff and students, as well as the business that serve them, with: thought leadership and essential knowledge resources; outstanding opportunities for professional development; and a unique framework for demonstrating the value and competitive edge created by sustainability initiatives.