This award honors students and/or student teams from higher education who have demonstrated outstanding leadership in promoting sustainability on campus.
Students can apply for a Student Sustainability Leadership Award by submitting a case study of their project to our Campus Sustainability Hub. Note that you will need to login in order to submit to the Hub.
We are currently accepting submissions for the 2018 AASHE Sustainability Awards through May 11. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
Award winners receive:
- One complimentary pass to AASHE’s annual conference
- Recognition during the conference’s Opening Ceremony
- Opportunity to present your winning case study at the conference
- Opportunity to present your winning submission via an AASHE webinar
- One plaque from Rivanna Natural Designs
- Recognition in Sustainability: The Journal of Record
Applications will be evaluated by a panel of judges on the following criteria:
- Overall impact – How much of an impact did the project make?
- Innovation – To what extent is the project innovative?
- Replicability – To what extent is the project a model for others?
- Breadth of impact – Did the project advance sustainability in many dimensions or only one?
- Stakeholder Involvement – Did the project engage multiple campus stakeholders (students, faculty, staff, community members, etc.)?
- Clarity and coherence – How easy is it to follow the case study?
Any student(s) enrolled at an AASHE-member college or university is eligible for this award. Students who graduated within the 12 months prior to the application deadline are still eligible. The first author of the case study must be the student (or one from the team of students in the case of group projects) for whom the award is being considered.