To search this forum for keywords, type your keywords in the "Forums Search" box on the right. To search specific forum topics, click the "Advanced Search" link on the right.
1) Multiposting is not allowed and could result in the removal of one or more posts. Multiposting is posting the same information in two or more locations. When publishing your post, please try to post it in the most appropriate place within the organizational structure of the forums.
2) All posts should relate and be appropriate to the particular content being discussed.
3) Advertisements, marketing and promotions are not allowed. This includes any posts that are made for the promotion of a product or service and includes sending people to a website that you are affiliated with.
Users may post a link to a site they are affiliated with if it answers or helps answer the question that is being asked, or if it directly relates to the topic being discussed. The link should connect directly to the page where the information can be found. Links to general pages without supporting information and address the topic being discussed will be considered marketing and will be removed. Users found to be violating this rule, including excessively posting links to their site, may lose the ability to contribute to our forums.
There should not be any soliciting or pressuring customers to mention your products or services on the forums. Your customers may post information about your products or services in response to queries, but you should not ask them to do so in any way. Also, you should not start a new topic with information about your company or product - that is considered marketing.
In general, if it looks like marketing or advertising, it probably is. If it looks like you are sincerely providing advice, and that one of your products or services will help in a particular instance, we welcome that.
4) If you are planning to announce an event (live event, webinar, conference call, etc.) please refrain from using the forums to do so. The AASHE Bulletin, AASHE's weekly e-newsletter, has a dedicated section for events announcements. If you have an event you would like submit to be included in the AASHE Bulletin, please click here for submission guidelines and other important information.
5) Users are not allowed to post a URL as a link that leads to their generating revenue in any way. This includes online advertisement impressions, other credits, etc. These links are also not allowed in user profiles or signatures.
6) Users should not post personal information such as home addresses and home phone numbers.
7) Inappropriate language and material is not allowed and will be removed.
8) Users may not post copyrighted materials that they do not have permission to post or reproduce. A small portion of an article may be quoted if linked to the source. Posting the entire article, even with the source, is not allowed.
9) Refrain from “hotlinking.” Hotlinking is directly linking to images (.jpg, .jpeg, .gif, etc.), video (.avi, .mov, .mpg, .mpeg, etc.), audio (.mp3, .wav, etc.), archives (.zip, .rar, etc.) or other files on servers that the user does not have permission to link to, instead of linking to the page where the item can be found.
10) Information in the forums should not be used for marketing, solicitation or survey purposes.
11) Any information published in the forums by anyone may be republished by AASHE for use on the AASHE website, e-newsletter(s), report(s) and/or other communication(s).
Any other inappropriate conduct as identified by AASHE staff could result in the removal of posts and/or removal of the User from the Forums.
AASHE would like to thank the American College & University Presidents’ Climate Commitment for support in developing the Forums, and recognize and thank the organizations below as official Campus Sustainability Discussion Forums Supporters: