Local Carbon Offset Programs at Universities and Colleges
To search this forum for keywords, type your keywords in the "Forums Search" box on the right. To search specific forum topics, click the "Advanced Search" link on the right.
Carbon offsets are increasingly being considered a feasible means to counter emissions of greenhouse gases at universities and colleges across North America. Incorporating the aspect of community while developing means to generate high quality carbon offsets, some schools have begun to work in their local communities on projects such as energy efficiency upgrades, and protection of regional natural areas. In view of this opportunity, we are developing a resource list of campuses which are currently working on similar initiatives, and invite schools to let us know about local carbon offset projects at their campuses.
Some of the projects we have identified so far are as below:
- Brown University, CCURB
- Duke University, Duke Engage
- Ohio University, Green House Project
- Temple University, Fairmount Park Carbon Offset Program
- Unity College, Project with MaineHousing
- Univ of Illinois Urbana Champagne, Project with Illini Carbon
- Univ of Prince Edward Island, Macphail Woods Ecological Forestry Project: "Sustaining Our Island"
- University of California at Berkeley, Local Carbon Offsets
- Yale University, Community Carbon Fund
Please respond to this post to submit Information about local carbon offsets programs at your campus. Alternatively, information can be directly sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
AASHE would like to thank the American College & University Presidents’ Climate Commitment for support in developing the Forums, and recognize and thank the organizations below as official Campus Sustainability Discussion Forums Supporters: