Official information about applying for a visa can be found on the U.S. Department of State Bureau of Consular Affairs Visa Services website. The visa application process can take several months, so AASHE encourages attendees to apply for visas as early as possible.
Individuals may request an invitation letter by completing the Request Form below. The deadline to request a letter is July 31, 2018.
Be sure to fill out the request form in its entirety. If you find an error, please resubmit the form and email confer[email protected]. AASHE is unable to contact US embassies in support of an individual attempting to gain entry into the United States to attend the 2018 AASHE Conference & Expo.
AASHE’s guidelines for providing invitation letters are as follows:
- You must request the letter by filling out the appropriate Request Form. Do not email your request, we are unable to process these inquiries.
- Invitation letters will only be issued to Attendees or Presenters who have registered.
- Only a PDF invitation letter will be emailed to the attendee.
- Original invitation letters cannot be mailed.
- If a visa is denied, AASHE will refund 100% of the paid registration fee. Please see cancellation and refund policy .
- The invitation letter does not financially obligate AASHE in any way. All expenses incurred in relation to the 2018 AASHE Conference & Expo are the sole responsibility of the attendee.
- AASHE is not authorized to assist with the visa process beyond providing an invitation letter.
Process for obtaining letter
Fill out the appropriate form to request an Invitation Letter to support your visa application.
- Your name must be listed exactly as it appears on your passport. Any differences between the name on your passport and the name on your invitation letter or other documentation could lead to a delay and/or denial of your visa.
- If you are presenting a session at AASHE 2018, include the title and presentation type.
- Optionally, you can request to have your passport information included in the letter (Number, Date of Issue, Date of Expiry, Place of Issue).
- Please see below how we handle your personal information.
- Find your registration confirmation number in the confirmation email you received after registering.
Your request will be reviewed AASHE staff for processing. All requests will be screened. Please allow 10 business days (2 weeks) from your date of submission to receive a response.
- AASHE reserves the right to request further information regarding the attendee or affiliation of the attendee to ensure the validity of requests.
- AASHE reserves the right to decline a request for a letter.
If your request is approved, an invitation letter on official letterhead will be issued to you as a PDF document and will be e-mailed to the address you provided.
Please check with your local U.S. consulate to allow sufficient time for visa processing. Your request for an invitation letter to attend the AASHE annual conference does not guarantee that you will receive a visa.
If you need additional assistance, please e-mail [email protected] or call (888) 347-9997 ext. 3