We stand at a key moment in history. As sustainability challenges intensify and the window for action grows smaller every day, the need for leadership by higher education is greater than ever. With a theme of “Global Goals: Rising to the Challenge,” the 2018 AASHE Conference & Expo will examine the critical role of higher education in achieving the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Adopted by the world’s governments in September 2015, the 17 SDGs establish ambitious global targets to end poverty, protect the planet and ensure prosperity for all by 2030.
AASHE 2018 will convene a diverse group of attendees including faculty, students, sustainability officers, administrators, business partners, nonprofit representatives, government officials and community members to examine:
- How can higher education institutions align their teaching and research activities around the SDGs?
- How can higher education most effectively collaborate with other sectors to support the SDGs?
- How can higher education institutions contribute to the SDGs in the physical operation of their campuses?
- How can advocates leverage the SDGs to advance sustainability on their campuses and communities?
- How should higher education assess and report its contributions to the SDGs?
Are you rising to meet the global challenge set by the SDGs? Join us at AASHE 2018!
Why Present at AASHE 2018:
- Share your successes and lessons learned. Demonstrate thought leadership at the largest stage for sustainability in higher education. This is a great opportunity for your campus and your own professional development.
- Advance the higher education sustainability movement. From engaging attendees with your sustainability story to empowering others with insight, tools and solutions that have helped you, your participation will create a stronger campus sustainability community.
- Save money. Accepted presenters receive a discount applicable to full conference registration.