Expected to draw over 2,000 participants, AASHE’s annual conference is the largest stage to share effective models, policies, research, collaborations and transformative actions which advance sustainability in higher education and surrounding communities.
AASHE offers many services for its members, but none of them are more visible than the AASHE Conference & Expo. The conference helps fulfill AASHE’s mission to inspire and catalyze higher education to lead the global sustainability transformation. Proceeds from the conference are reinvested into our community by supporting AASHE programs and services. AASHE works throughout the year to build a supportive community that enables us to reach towards our vision for higher education to be a foundation for a thriving, equitable and ecologically healthy world.
Theme: Global Goals: Rising to the Challenge
With a theme of “Global Goals: Rising to the Challenge” AASHE 2018 will examine the critical role of higher education in achieving the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Adopted by the world’s governments in September 2015, the 17 SDGs establish ambitious global targets to end poverty, protect the planet and ensure prosperity for all by 2030.
As you prepare your proposal and presentation, please consider the following goals for the 2018 AASHE Conference & Expo:
- Attend a high-quality, participatory and interactive event delivered in a professional manner
- Be inspired, motivated, energized and empowered to advance sustainability in higher education and beyond.
- Learn how to build or strengthen alliances and coalitions with diverse stakeholders.
- Develop skills to integrate diversity, inclusion and social justice goals into the core culture of their institution, organization or community.
- Gain lessons, ideas and tools to bring back to their institution, organization or community.
- Learn from and network with a diverse audience of faculty, administrators, students, sustainability professionals, non-profit leaders and business partners.
AASHE Conference & Expo convenes a diverse group of campus representatives including faculty, students, sustainability officers, staff and administrators together with business, nonprofit, government, community leaders and members.
- Senior campus administrators
- Campus planners, purchasers and other staff
- Facility, dining and transportation officers
- Administrators of system offices
- Campus faculty
- Sustainability officers
- Undergraduate students, graduate students and postdoctoral fellows
- Business managers and owners
- Environmental and energy-related government agencies
- Business sustainability directors and managers
- Construction project managers, builders, contractors, architects and designers
AASHE offers an exciting and unique opportunity for businesses, higher education institutions and non-profits to reach decision makers and demonstrate to colleges and universities how their products or services can lead the way to a sustainable future. Past exhibitors have come from the following industry sectors:
- Air & Climate
- Campus Engagement
- Coordination, Planning & Governance
- Dining Services
- Diversity & Affordability
- Health, Wellbeing & Work
- Public Engagement
David L. Lawrence Convention Center
1000 Fort Duquesne Blvd, Pittsburgh, PA 15222