UALR Sustainability Day
For more information about this Campus Sustainability Day event, please contact the institution's event contact person as listed below.
Schedule of Events
7:00am–1:00pm - Lot 15
- Drop off electronics, household hazardous waste, light bulbs, plastic, aluminum, glass and household batteries for recycling and paper for shredding (volunteers will be on hand to help unload vehicles and place items on a trailer or in the proper receptacle. A limited number of desk/bookshelf receptacles will be available for those needing something in which to save batteries)
- Discard unused prescription and non-prescription medications for proper disposal (volunteers will be on hand to keep all discarded prescriptions and see they are taken to the proper disposal site)
10:00am–2:00pm - DSC Upper Concourse
- Information tables showcasing sustainability efforts of various UALR units, departments and organizations
- Student organizations, clubs, fraternities/sororities, interest groups, cultural and religious organizations as well as professional are free to provide a demonstration or educate about what they are currently doing for sustainability
- Information tables showcasing sustainability efforts from community organizations and businesses
- Local businesses and UALR partners will be on hand to provide information and possible instruction on sustainability methods
- Shoe drive - shoes will be collected from students, staff and faculty to be donated to an organization that sees they get onto the feet of those who need them
- Clothing swap
- Racks will be available for people to bring clothes to donate as well as look for clothes to enhance their own wardrobe. The key here is—for each 1 item you plan on bringing home from the swap, you bring 3 items from home to the swap.
- Campus trash clean-up
- Gloves and bags will be provided for those wishing to clean up around Coleman Creek or the “smoking areas”