Recycled Fashion Show
For more information about this Campus Sustainability Day event, please contact the institution's event contact person as listed below.
This year, in honor of Sustainability Day/Week, the Campus-wide Programming team of the Sustainable Carolina Office is hosting a "Recycled Fashion Show." Student teams of three will be challenged to create an outfit out of 100% recycled materials and/or secondhand clothing. Prizes, donated from local businesses, will be given to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place teams. The Fashion Show will be held outside in the Green Quad Residential Community on October 11 at 6:00PM. The following day the winning team will have their outfit on display in the Russell House Student Union to celebrate their creativity and commitment to sustainability.
Students from USC as well as other nearby institutions have shown excitement and interest in the event and we are anticipating a great turnout!
Because of where U. of South Carolina's Fall Break falls, we will be observing Sustainability Week 2012 the week of October 8-12 with events on each day. Events include:
- Make Your Own Green Cleaning Products
- Tap Water Taste Test (including free BPA-free water bottle giveaway)
- Organization Fair featuring campus and community organizations committed to sustainable practices
- DIY reusable bags out of old t-shirts
- Earth Summits
- Sustainable Carolina Annual Report presentation
- Dorm Room Gardening workshop
We are looking forward to an exciting Sustainability Week 2012!