For more information about this Campus Sustainability Day event, please contact the institution's event contact person as listed below.
Eco-Rush Days will feature eco-related events that raise awareness of environmental issues during the week of October 22-25.
See schedule below.
Documentary film called "Dive!" will be shown in the Alumni Room at 5 p.m. After the showing, Dr. John Katers, Associate Professor of Natural and Applied Sciences at UW-Green Bay, will lead a 15-minute discussion about the film and steps individuals can take to reduce their food waste.
For more information about the film, visit: http://www.divethefilm.com/
The Mauthe Center will hold an event from 6-8p.m. called "Autumn Festival" as part of the Campaign to End Hunger. The evening will be full of exciting, new, old, unexpected, and fun Halloween traditions!
Food Day and Campus Sustainability Day
Join students and community members at UW-Green Bay as we celebrate local and sustainable food! Throughout the day we will be supporting a food drive on campus to donate to a local food shelter.
- At 7:30-9:30am there will be a "no-waste breakfast" at the Mauthe Center full of surplus bakery goods from the local community.
- In the afternoon we start our farmers market in the Cloud Commons of the University Union from 3pm-5pm.
- Starting at 4:30pm, we will feast on locally sourced food from Trust Local Foods in the Phoenix Rooms. Servings include pulled pork sandwiches on whole wheat buns, chips and salsa, salad, butternut squash, and a pumpkin dessert. The lettuce, squash, and pumpkins all come from the University's student-run garden, Sustainable Local Organic Food Alliance.
- To conclude our celebration, keynote speaker Will Allen, CEO of Growing Power of Milwaukee, will be giving a presentation at 6.00pm
Beehive Collective Showing
At 7 to 8 p.m. at the Mauthe Center, the Beehive Collective will giving a presentation on the "True Cost of Coal"
- Sustainable Local Organic Food Alliance
- Public and Environmental Affairs Council
- Dietetics Club of UWGB
- Center for Food in Community and Culture
- Reader's Loft
- Students in Free Enterprise(SIFE)
- Sustainability Committee
- Environmental Management and Business Institute (EMBI)
- Department of Public and Environmental Affairs
- Department of Human Biology
- NAS Dean Scott Furlong
- Social Work Club
- Mauthe Center.