- This event has passed.
2017 AASHE Conference & Expo
October 15 - October 18
Expected to draw over 2,000 participants, AASHE’s annual conference is the largest stage to share effective models, policies, research, collaborations and transformative actions which advance sustainability in higher education and surrounding communities.
The conference helps fulfill AASHE’s mission to inspire and catalyze higher education to lead the global sustainability transformation. Proceeds from the conference are reinvested into our community by supporting AASHE programs and services. AASHE works throughout the year to build a supportive community that enables us to reach towards our vision for higher education to be a foundation for a thriving, equitable and ecologically healthy world.
Stronger in Solidarity
With a theme of “Stronger in Solidarity,” AASHE 2017 will focus on how the campus sustainability community can break down walls, build bridges, and continue to make progress toward a healthy and equitable future for all. Join us for an inspirational exploration of the value of community, the power of empathy and the importance of diversity.
As you prepare your proposal and presentation, please consider the following goals for the 2017 AASHE Conference & Expo:
- Attend a high-quality, participatory and interactive event delivered in a professional manner
- Be inspired, motivated, energized and empowered to advance sustainability in higher education and beyond.
- Learn how to build or strengthen alliances and coalitions with diverse stakeholders.
- Develop skills to integrate diversity, inclusion and social justice goals into the core culture of their institution, organization or community.
- Gain lessons, ideas and tools to bring back to their institution, organization or community.
- Learn from and network with a diverse audience of faculty, administrators, students, sustainability professionals, non-profit leaders and business partners.