Updated with Survey: AASHE Bulletin is Changing and We'd Like You to Be Involved
Thank you for providing feedback and helping to shape the future of the AASHE Bulletin Newsletter. Click here to take the 10-minute survey. You will be given the opportunity to provide contact information if you would like to participate in further follow-up.
January 27, 2014
We are excited to announce a planned redesign of the AASHE Bulletin newsletter! Expanding on the more minor updates of the past, this will be a significant revamp of the existing weekly newsletter and introduce a companion AASHE Bulletin website.
Whether you have been a faithful reader since the first newsletter in 2006 or recently found us, we’d like to involve you in the beginning stages and keep you in the loop throughout the process.
Since the Bulletin’s inception, higher education sustainability projects have become more prevalent, sophisticated, creative, surprising, inspiring and innovative. This is wonderful, of course, and we recognize our Bulletin needs to change to keep up. We’re finding that the current submission guidelines, created to manage the volume of stories and length of the newsletter, sometimes prevent us from highlighting projects, accomplishments and lessons learned that we should be highlighting. And we’d like to change that.
How will the Bulletin change?
With the introduction of a companion AASHE Bulletin website, we will be better equipped to provide and produce the type of content that the ever-evolving higher education sustainability landscape calls for. The website will allow us to:
• Capture a larger volume and variety of campus sustainability stories and deliver them in a daily "real-time" format.
• Allow for an automated web-based submission process that will free up staff time for the production of a more focused, thoughtful and curated weekly newsletter.
This is what we know for now. The rest will largely depend on you.
What you’ve already told us:
Through member surveys, Listening Project feedback and newsletter analytics, we know that Bulletin readers look to AASHE to find out about:
• sustainability-focused jobs
• new resources that help further higher education sustainability projects
• commentary on innovative higher education sustainability topics
• innovative accomplishments and initiatives
• opportunities to network and build community
And just as importantly, we know that the Bulletin community likes to share:
• your own success stories (accomplishments, new initiatives, milestones)
• regional/statewide events and opportunities
• job postings
• original content (blogs, commentary)
• products and services
How you can be involved:
In this initial planning phase, we are looking to you to expand on how the Bulletin can be most valuable to you with a short five-minute survey. The information gathered through the survey (and in optional short follow-up interviews) will help inform the details of the Bulletin redesign. Look for this survey at the top of the February 4 issue of the Bulletin. We will also update this blog with a link.
During the implementation of the new Bulletin, we plan to continue the existing newsletter as normal. We look forward to working with you to produce a Bulletin that reflects and celebrates the true nature of campus sustainability: the ever-changing landscape through the hard work and dedication of higher education sustainability professionals and students.
-- the AASHE Bulletin redesign team
Browse by Topic
- AASHE Biz
- Co-Curricular Education
- Community Engagement
- Connecting the Dots
- Dining Services
- Diversity, Access, and Affordability
- Faculty and Staff Development
- Government & Legislation
- Human Resources
- Presidents & Chancellors