Frequently Asked Questions
- When and why was AASHE started?
- Where is the office located?
- Who should I contact for press inquiries?
- How can my campus (or business or organization) join AASHE, and how much are the dues?
- Can I join AASHE as an individual?
- How do I find out if my campus (or business or organization) is already an AASHE member?
- What benefits and services does AASHE offer its members?
- How do I log into the member-only resources?
- Can I change my password?
- How do campuses submit information about their sustainability efforts to AASHE Bulletin?
- How do campuses submit information about their sustainability efforts to AASHE's Resource Center?
- Is there an AASHE equivalent for K-12?
- Can campuses outside the US, Canada and Mexico join AASHE?
- Can someone from AASHE speak at our campus?
- When is the next AASHE Conference?
- What are the major campus sustainability conferences each year?
- Can I use the AASHE and/or STARS logo?
- How can I get help with the website?
- What browsers does AASHE support?
- Where do I send payments?
1. When and why was AASHE started?
AASHE was founded in 2005 to help coordinate and strengthen campus sustainability efforts at regional and national levels, and to serve as the first North American professional association for those interested in advancing campus sustainability.
2. Where is the office located?
AASHE has an office in the heart of Denver, Colorado. Its mailing address is
1536 Wynkoop Street, Suite 100
Denver, CO 80202
3. Who should I contact for press inquiries?
Our press liaison is Paul Rowland. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (720) 346-1432.
4. How can my campus (or business or organization) join AASHE, and how much are the dues?
Please see our membership pages for information about joining and a membership form. Dues are scaled by the size of the campus, organization, or business. Campuses may join as Members, and businesses and non-profits may join as Associate Members. AASHE offers three levels of involvement for businesses - Affiliate, Supporter, and Leader (highest level).
5. Can I join AASHE as an individual?
AASHE does not offer membership for individuals; however, we are happy to assist individuals in advocating for their campus or organization to join.
6. How do I find out if my campus (or business or organization) is already an AASHE member?
You can check our list of members.
7. What benefits and services does AASHE offer its members?
A list of member benefits and services is posted on our membership page. Example benefits include access to member-only resources in the resource center, discounts on events (including AASHE's annual conference), and opportunities for networking and professional development as well as awards, publicity, and more. Business members receive a listing in our online business product and service directory. Membership covers the entire campus, business or organization - all may access our member-only resources.
8. How do I log into the member-only resources?
If your campus or organization is an AASHE member you may set up an account by following the instructions on our account creation page. If you experience a problem creating your account, please notify the webmaster (email@example.com). Include your work e-mail address in the message.
9. Can I change my password?
Yes, simply loginand click on the "edit" tab to change your password.
10. How do campuses submit information about their sustainability efforts to AASHE Bulletin?
The AASHE Bulletin is compiled each week using Google news alerts, stories on discussion lists, and items submitted by individuals. If you would like to submit a story for consideration, please follow our submission guidelines.
11. How do campuses submit information about their sustainability efforts to AASHE's Resource Center?
One of the primary ways the Resource Center grows is through recommendations. If you know of a campus sustainability initiative, resource, or strategy from your own campus or another campus that is not currently in the Resource Center, please send us information! firstname.lastname@example.org.
12. Is there an AASHE equivalent for K-12?
We are not aware of an exact AASHE equivalent for K-12. However, the Green Schools Alliance, North American Association for Environmental Education and the Cloud Institute for Sustainability Education may be of interest. In addition, K-12 institutions are welcome to join AASHE, as they may benefit from our member resources..
13. Can campuses outside the US, Canada and Mexico join AASHE?
Yes! While our focus is on North American institutions, colleges and universities from all over the world are joining AASHE to take advantage of our member benefits and networking opportunities.
14. Can someone from AASHE speak at our campus?
AASHE is not always able to meet the numerous speaking requests that come our way; however, we strive to be available to our member campuses to the extent possible, and can recommend speakers if our staff are unavailable. Send inquiries to email@example.com.
15. When is the next AASHE conference?
The next AASHE Conference will be held October 14 -17th 2012 at the Los Angeles Convention Center. Be sure to check out our calendar to learn about other campus sustainability events.
16. What are the major campus sustainability conferences each year?
There are a number of conferences on campus sustainability every year. Check the AASHE Calendar for events that may be happening in your region. Example conferences include Ball State University's biennial Greening of the Campus conference, NACUBO's Smart & Sustainable Campuses conference, and AASHE's own annual conference. All are excellent choices.
17. Can I use the AASHE and/or STARS logo?
If you are interested in using the AASHE logo, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and explain why you’re hoping to use the AASHE logo and in what capacity.
If you are interested in using the STARS logo, please email email@example.com and explain why you’re hoping to use the STARS logo and in what capacity.
18. How can I get help with the website?
Please use this form to get help with any website issues.
19. What browsers does AASHE support?
AASHE's website is optimized to work with the following browsers: Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0+, Mozilla Firefox 3.0+, Google Chrome 4.0+, and Safari 3.0+ While the website may work with other browsers, we do not offer any support for them. Users have experienced problems browsing with Internet Explorer 6.0. Users of IE6 are encouraged to upgrade their browser immediately.
20. Where do I send payments?
Please mail payments to:
PO Box 824583
Philadelphia, PA 19182-4583